Cookeville area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Cookeville area?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
leeg2000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Cookeville area?

Hey, anyone know any good places around cookeville to ride? Used to live near Knoxville and I was always in royal blue, which is an awesome place I might add. But since I've moved to cookeville I have been able to find any place to go. Thanks

leeg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
leeg2000
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg2000 View Post
Hey, anyone know any good places around cookeville to ride? Used to live near Knoxville and I was always in royal blue, which is an awesome place I might add. But since I've moved to cookeville I have been able to find any place to go. Thanks
I must be the only one in the area ha
leeg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Domino
1980 CJ5 

Isn't cookeville close to LBL. If so you should check out turkey bay ohv.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Domino
1980 CJ5 

Never mind I was thinking about Clarksville.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Haulinvols

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just moved to Kingston, not far from you. If you find anything, let me know. I have family in Cookvegas.
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Riby1979
1999 WJ 

There are a bunch of places to ride around Cookeville and the nearby cities. If you want a park, Golden Mtn. is about 15 min. from Cookeville. Most of the park is moderate and difficult, but does have some easier stuff.
Places to just wheel are Hickory Flatts ( which consists of probably 2 days worth of riding). The trails out there range from easy to moderate, with some harder stuff, mud holes, climbs, etc. Thats my favorite place to ride. It's off of Hwy 293 out in Overton Co. That also ties into Alpine, Copeland Cove, and can also tie into Wylder using some gravel roads.
River lane is fun for a day run, with some creek crossings and what not.
Roaring River is also fun for the day. Its kinda flat running down the creek, but its still fun to get out there. That ties into "the boils", which is just some mud holes.
Jackson Cty. also has miles and miles of gravel roads and creeks that are a blast to run. Jump over to TNJeeps.com and look at the Jackson Cty. Dirt Devil ride.
PM me if you need more info. I live in Cookeville, and work @ the local napa. Try to go wheelin' atleast once a month.
Riby1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Coyote56
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Pickett State Forest in Jamestown. You are more than welcome to tag along with my group. We go up that way all the time, best part about it is that its free. Our website address is www.tnjeeps.com and here is a video from our last trip up there.

Rough Country N2 4 inch lift kit, Volant CAI/Snorkel system
Coyote56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just moved to cookeville and going to tech. Dont have my jeep with me but im still looking to do some wheeling in my yota. I'll bring the jeep up here every once in a while but my yota is the DD. 6" lift and 35's, looking for moderate trails that wont beat up my truck. Let me know if yall know anywhere to ride or want to ride soon. Going to try and set up a car/truck/jeep meet this weekend to get to know some of the automotive enthusiasts around the area and hopefully find some trails.
UNDEAD1153 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.