Coal Creek, Tennessee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Coal Creek, Tennessee

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
04<TJ>renegade
2008 JK Wrangler 

Coal Creek, Tennessee

I'm thinking about going to Coal Creek, TN and I would like to know some more about it like...whats a good tire size to have, lockers, trail ratings, experiences, camping and w.e. else i should know before i plan to go. Thanks.

98 TJ 4 Banger STOCK getting a 5.2 Magnum and starting over

Carolina Crawlerz
04<TJ>renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Trail 2 is fun, so is 22, The windmills are awsome, Trail 3 denied me last time. It was so icy I slid all over the place. Great place. A little pricy on admission though
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yep a little pricey. If I remember right it was $50 for a 4 day pass.
Per person! It cost me $100 to wheel for 4 days and my wife does not even drive.
Unread 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
ratster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Go to Tellico instead.CC has gone down hill in the last several years.A lot of the jeep trails are now gravel roads and the rest are just boring.There are a few trails that are nice,but not worth the $$.
ratster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

16, 15, 3 are all fun

I would recommend at least 1 locker if it is dry and 2 if its wet

I always got hung up on my skid plate with 33"s and 2.5 lift I feel like 35s would have served me perfect. Or a nice breakover angle with a tummy tuck
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
Beater37887
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've done 3, 2, 22, 15 and 16 all on 33's with a 3" BL and no lockers and have had no problems except for the one time when my 4WD failed on me and i had to get pulled the rest of the way up 3. Other than that you should have no problems. It is pricey, but is a nice place to ride IMO. There are some tougher trails too if you have the equipment. When ya going? Always looking for someone to wheel with.
Beater37887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
04<TJ>renegade
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratster View Post
Go to Tellico instead.CC has gone down hill in the last several years.A lot of the jeep trails are now gravel roads and the rest are just boring.There are a few trails that are nice,but not worth the $$.
I heard tellico is a little hardcore for ppl on anything under 35's?...but i wouldn't mind checking it out seeing how i do things @ Uwharrie that ppl don't think my jeep would even get close to doing lol. (it could just be my determination idk)

Beater37887 I've done 3, 2, 22, 15 and 16 all on 33's with a 3" BL and no lockers and have had no problems except for the one time when my 4WD failed on me and i had to get pulled the rest of the way up 3. Other than that you should have no problems. It is pricey, but is a nice place to ride IMO. There are some tougher trails too if you have the equipment. When ya going? Always looking for someone to wheel with.

Not to sure when I'm going yet gotta get the money together...and the rest of my guys...but I'd definitely wheel with you seeing how you know the area pretty well and we are always wheeling with random ppl it should work out well

98 TJ 4 Banger STOCK getting a 5.2 Magnum and starting over

Carolina Crawlerz
04<TJ>renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Diehard

2004 WJ 

I've done Tellico, but because lift and being a GC I do use some of the by-passes. I also have been to River Rock and must use some by-passes. But riding anything is better than nothing.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I don't think windrock should be skipped. Besides Tellico is closed right now. Sure there are some easier trails at windrock but there are also some much harder trails. I think Rattlerock is about the hardest trail around. I know it used to be rough. Then again you better know your stuff if you hit the harder trails at tellico. From your setup you will have fun at both places.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What turner said.

All of the trails up there (except for the extreme ones) can be done with a stock vehicle if you pick the right lines. Turner, JamJeeper, and myself drove to the base of gaurdrail from trail 4 which wasnt really a problem besides being a very slick uphill grind.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.