Coal Creek Info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Coal Creek Info

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
speedy73

Coal Creek Info

I was wondering if there was many easy trails. I mean for a stock tj with young kids in it. I do not want any thing that may leave me stranded or hurt anyone. I am looking for somewhat smooth dirt roads if you know what I mean. I do not want to waste my time driving up there (4+ hours) if there is not many easy trails. Also I heard about the big "windmills" that are used for generating power. Are these easily accessible? What is the scenery like? Thanks for any insight you may have.

speedy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you want something thats easy, close, great views, safe for kids and stock jeep then check out the horsepasture trail near Lake Jocassee.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
mudmonkey2400
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The "easy" trails are not much more than gravel roads up at Windrock, and the scenery is fantastic. You can just about drive right up to the base of the wind mills. A stock Jeep can generally do some of the moderate trails as well without much difficulty.
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ran Coal Creek when I was stationed at Ft Campbell. Very nice scenery and good trails. A definate "yes" vote from me.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.