2010 LBL Jamboree - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > 2010 LBL Jamboree

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #16
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We like to ride with the guide that does the fire roads and will probably do them one or both days, they are called "Iron Furnace". Don't let the 3 fool you, in 2008 we broke a front driveshaft on the brown Jeep on those roads.

We went to Turkey Bay OHV last summer on our own and ran a lot of 4-5 level trails. We've done Tuf-E-Nuf with JJ and really enjoyed the trails and the guide that usually does it. I would imagine we will stick to the 4-5 trails since were still pretty much stock. I haven't talked to my son yet, he usually picks the trails, that way I can laugh at him when he gets stuck

The cookout Thursday night is great, we should be there for it.

2014 JKU - Wifes
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
jokerls240
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Since this is my first time at Turkey Bay, I may opt for the more scenic trails. Time to get the itinerary and maps out to see what is what.

BTW, the rattle in the front wasn't the CV joints. It's actually just the 20+ year old roller fairlead on my winch. I guess that and a new winch cable will be the next for the Jeep.

See you guys in a few days!
jokerls240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #18
mnicklin
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jj lbl 2010

This is my first Jamboree. I have a Green 09 JK soft top with 32 BFG MT, Mopar Bumper, and 8000# winch. Just added the CB Radio today for the Jomboree. Can't wait! Bringing the whole family!
mnicklin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
jeeper42141
2003 TJ Wrangler 

3 lbl jamboree

I will be there and look forward to see all the past friends I have made there and meeting all the new ones for the 1st time. Looks like all the trails maybe uprated with the rain we have had and continue to have this week. I'll be in the 03 Tomb Raider Edition with 4.25" lift, 35x12.50 tires.
jeeper42141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking the same thing, do you know if the Forest Service has opened the fire roads?
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
jokerls240
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I checked the trail status on the web earlier and it said that all trails are open as of today. Also wrote down the phone number in case my broadband card doesn't work up there.

Does anyone know how Verizon's service is near Kenlake Park? You can't always trust maps.
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #22
jokerls240
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerls240 View Post
Good deal! I'll be in a burgundy TJ w/ an old guy in the passenger seat (my Dad). Just look for the one w/ the 102" CB whip!

We're taking his 5th-wheel camper and will be staying at the Kenlake State Park campgrounds. We managed to reserve a site on the west bank of KY Lake. I wonder if you can see Turkey Bay from there?
Scrach the whip. I got tired of tucking it in for drive-thrus and hitting the trees at my apartment. Now I just have a 4' black FireStick. Need to get the front end aligned before the trip, too.
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
mafbowhntr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have verizon and spend alot of time in that area haven't any problems knock on wood
mafbowhntr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #24
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerls240 View Post
I checked the trail status on the web earlier and it said that all trails are open as of today. Also wrote down the phone number in case my broadband card doesn't work up there.

Does anyone know how Verizon's service is near Kenlake Park? You can't always trust maps.
I've had good luck with mine over there. Nice strong reception.

It's looking like you may have a wet and stormy weekend. Pretty par for the course this time of year.
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
mafbowhntr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Fire roads closed until the end of turkey season
Unread 04-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

To bad, enjoyed running them with the group. We'll enjoy Turkey Bay OHV though.

Thanks!
Unread 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #27
jeeper42141
2003 TJ Wrangler 

One more day

Just one more day til the start of a GREAT weekend !!!
jeeper42141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #28
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to it! Work is extremely long today for some reason
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #29
mafbowhntr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well now I am off the rest of the week don't have enough for registration fee,don't know what to do
Unread 04-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #30
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafbowhntr View Post
Well now I am off the rest of the week don't have enough for registration fee,don't know what to do
It's too late to register anyway. It's a minimum 10 days I think but it may be more than that.

Just pay $15 and ride at LBL. You'll have to stay away from the Jamboree groups but it shouldn't be hard to find someone in the parking lot to ride with. Look for a group of Jeeps built about the same as yours so you don't get in over your head and ask if you can tag along. That place is packed this time of year.
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.