Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wrenchparty in Herndon, July 12th

686 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Other_Erik 
#1 ·
Hey folks, new-to-me '95 YJ needing a whole lot of love. I'm located in Herndon, and have a garage. There's a window unit A/C in the garage, but with multiple bodies it probably won't help too much.

The priority list for me:

1) Get the Jeep put back together so it can get inspected and registered - currently has the whole interior out, dash removed down to the bare metal, just put in a replacement underdash wiring harness, needs reinstalled
2) Install rock sliders/step-ups - I don't think my drill is up to the task of drilling mounting holes for the Smittybilt sliders, if anyone has a drill they're confident in, I'd appreciate if you could bring it. Also not sure what bolt size, but I'm sure it's larger than the largest drill bit I've got (1/4")
3) Improve steering bump situation - steering stabilizers ready to install, twiddle with the steering gearbox, anything else?
4) If time allows and item 3 doesn't cut it - SOA un-conversion - too much wobble for me to feel safe using this as a daily driver. Doubt we'll have time/tools/parts necessary, but I'm willing to try if folks can help out...

Please PM me if you plan on coming, I'll shoot back the address and start time, and I'll make sure we have snacks/refreshments for you. Also raffling off/giving away some parts that I don't need (subwoofer in slimline box with unknown condition amplifier, rear seat and seat belts with mounting hardware, etc...)

Thanks!
O_E

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.