Where do you work on your jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Where do you work on your jeep?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where do you work on your jeep?

So pretty soon ill be moving to an apartment here in Stafford which, as most do, discourage you from doing any vehicle work in the parking lots. Was wondering what places yall have done work before when in this situation, minus a buddy's driveway as thats an obvious choice and I dont know anyone around me.

Not to say I wouldnt offer a case of cold ones in exchange for a new buddy

JeepWave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
turbostixxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWave06
So pretty soon ill be moving to an apartment here in Stafford which, as most do, discourage you from doing any vehicle work in the parking lots. Was wondering what places yall have done work before when in this situation, minus a buddy's driveway as thats an obvious choice and I dont know anyone around me.

Not to say I wouldnt offer a case of cold ones in exchange for a new buddy
Right in my parking spot, screw the HOA lol
turbostixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

Go set you up a spot in Advanced or Autozone, And see what they say atleast if you need something then you wont haft to travel far
03' Jeep WJ|4x4 select-trac|Kolaks "Magic Setup"|OME HDS|Bilsteins 5100's|3/4 spacers front|Moog STB SS|Zone 3" sway links|Homebrewed quick Disco's|17" Moabs|32" BFG's KM's|Hella 500ff's|Rear Oem receiver|Front custom tow Points|Smittybilt receiver 3/4 D-ring|Limited headlights and Grille|

My Build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ablaydes-wj-build-thread-1382113/[/url]

ROLL TIDE ROLL ! ! !

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...I'm too drunk to taste this chicken !
ablaydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablaydes View Post
Go set you up a spot in Advanced or Autozone, And see what they say atleast if you need something then you wont haft to travel far
Lol, this was actually something I was considering. I buy enough from them already, why not get some reward eh?
Unread 11-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
sal4m4nd3r
2004 WJ 

plenty of empty parking spaces at the landmark and/or springfield malls LOL
sal4m4nd3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
turbostixxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablaydes
I just did this today, even used their drop cord and impact out of their back door...of course i know these guys really well
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know how far Stafford is from Richmond, but you're welcome to come use my driveway anytime. I'd be glad to help you out with whatever.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh**s.
chevy2169 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2169 View Post
I don't know how far Stafford is from Richmond, but you're welcome to come use my driveway anytime. I'd be glad to help you out with whatever.
Unfortunately its a pretty good distance. For just an oil change, too far. For bigger projects though, i dont mind a nice drive. Much appreciated
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
turbostixxx

Y'all going to the jeep meet in Fredericksburg?!!
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Lucky for me I work at a dealership now and I can use the lifts and shop tools on Saturdays. If I don't need the lift or don't need to weld I just go to my uncle's house a couple miles from my apartment.

There's also an abandoned road with a cul de sac at the end right behind my apartment I used to just drive to and work on whatever there. Used to be the end of a road that's still used, but a new highway they built about 12 years ago cut it off so now it's just got open access from the end of the apartments but just dead ends at the woods. Had the cops called on my a few times by people who couldn't mind their own business but after a couple quick questions by cops nothing ever came of it.

That's my only real complaint about my apartments in general. We're right on the edge of a really upper middle/upper class neighborhood and they named the apartments after them. Because they're cheap we get a lot of people moving in thinking they're rich now and call the police constantly over the dumbest ****. Used to have neighbor the next apartment over that would call them on me nightly for having my music "too loud" and by too loud I mean you couldn't hear it in the next room in my apartment, let alone his. He'd just watch for me to get home, wait 30 minutes then call the cops at like 6 PM.
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Easy Gibson
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thread is a little old but if you're still on the hunt I recommend the Home Depot parking lot.
Great amenities. Toilets, water fountains, usually oversized parking lots mean you can almost always find a secluded corner around the side of the store. Their inventory is also pretty helpful. They carry rags, spray 9, turpentine, socket sets, clamps, tarps, etc.
I changed my brakes there this past week and much to my delight, nobody called the cops or even said anything at all to me.
Would recommend.
Oh man, and some of them even have covered parking decks!
Easy Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.