Wheelin in Va - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Wheelin in Va

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

After CroZet got closed, I have the itch for some wheeling. I usually go there so I don't want to drive too far, from Richmond.

Where have you guys been going?

Unread 07-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
bbail016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I jusr got back from Shoe Creek yesterday...great time!
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

the cove campground in Gore VA. camping, shooting range, cabins, maybe fishing

http://goo.gl/maps/VZoLs

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Shoe creek is a great place to camp and get some trails in. Just not enough tough obstacles for me. I do love going though
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
baldchris
1997 TJ Wrangler 

when did Crozet closed? I had heard they are cutting new trails in but nothing about closing .
baldchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A month ago. They are opening an adjacent property
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
04ollllloguy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shoe Creek is a nice easy trail. if you want something a little more interesting you could go to Big Levels. last time i was there there were water pits, some easy/moderate crawling obstacles, great scenic views and loads of good places to stop and camp. its about an 8 mile trail and usually takes me about 2 1/2-3 hours to run if im not camping on it. i suggest airing ur tires down as it is a little bumpier than shoe creek.
04ollllloguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ollllloguy
Shoe Creek is a nice easy trail. if you want something a little more interesting you could go to Big Levels. last time i was there there were water pits, some easy/moderate crawling obstacles, great scenic views and loads of good places to stop and camp. its about an 8 mile trail and usually takes me about 2 1/2-3 hours to run if im not camping on it. i suggest airing ur tires down as it is a little bumpier than shoe creek.
Any hard obstacles? I need tough stuff!
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #9
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I air down everytime I wheel. This isn't really a trail riding jeep. It's more of a crawler. If you have been to crozet you would understand my frustration that it's closed. It's got everything from moderate to extreme. Nothing it "easy"

I was seening of anyone knows of places like that, since that was about the only place I would go.
then it sounds like you would like Gore... check out the videos in my signature for some of my trips there. from Wild to Mild

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.