Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-27-2012, 03:58 AM   #76
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Gotcha, and if a passenger is a minor does he need his own Release and Waiver as well?
Everyone riding needs to sign the waiver. Here's what the waiver says about all minors:
Waiver must be signed by all participants (For a participant under 18 years of age, both parents, the parent with legal custody,
or the minor’s legal guardian must sign this release form and write the word “minor” and age next to the minor’s name).

There will be waivers available at registration also, it just goes faster if you done it ahead of time.

Unread 03-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #77
d_rehmann

How would a 4x2 Unlimited handle this trail? Would they even allow me on it? I am very interested in checking it out and would love to come if it is do-able.
d_rehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #78
sitedzn
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treton View Post
I feel you on that we got a whole full width axle swap on our jeep to try out here. And we are driving it there! We are very confident but its still exciting!
Right now I'm feeling I'll be lucky to get it all together in time. Slip yoke is way too short in there now (drop flex may just drop it out) so it's gotta get done. May be a long night on Thursday before we leave Friday.
[COLOR="red"]Big Daddy Off Road rock sliders[/COLOR]
35x12.5 BFG A/T KOs, XRC-8000

[COLOR="red"]I love installing new stuff.[/COLOR]
sitedzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #79
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rehmann
How would a 4x2 Unlimited handle this trail? Would they even allow me on it? I am very interested in checking it out and would love to come if it is do-able.
I haven't seen anything that said you are required to have 4wd. Only tow points on the front and rear. So if you have a stock bumper you'll have to find a way to add some tow points. It says there are bypasses around every obstacle. With aggressive rears, you may do okay!

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #80
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
I haven't seen anything that said you are required to have 4wd. Only tow points on the front and rear. So if you have a stock bumper you'll have to find a way to add some tow points. It says there are bypasses around every obstacle. With aggressive rears, you may do okay!
Sorry, You will have to have 4WD. If you look at the website it reads:
ALL-BREED 4×4 EVENT

Believe me you wouldn't be happy without 4WD, and neither would your guides or trail mates. You might be able to find a ride with someone with an empty seat though. May be someone will offer on here?
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #81
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAY6

Sorry, You will have to have 4WD. If you look at the website it reads:
ALL-BREED 4×4 EVENT

Believe me you wouldn't be happy without 4WD, and neither would your guides or trail mates. You might be able to find a ride with someone with an empty seat though. May be someone will offer on here?
Ah, gotcha. He can ride with me if he'd like.

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #82
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know about the event planners thoughts on a 2WD, but I can assure you that regardless of that you will royally piss off the guides and everyone in your group. There isn't time to be constantly strapping up to a vehicle like that, and it wouldn't be fair to all the other participants.
Come out and ride with somebody! Then you'll be trading that 2WD in the following week.
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #83
deltl1ks
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
www.vajeepoffroad.com has a meet and greet next weekend. Several of us are going. We're just across the mountain from you. I am always up for a ride, so if you wanna hit some trails in your area, just PM and lemme know.
Thanks, I asked to join your facebook page. I might be able to stop by the meet this weekend.

I'll check out the link.
My Jeep does not have lockers at this point. I need to hit the hills in second to make it up in most cases on wet hills. For mud I tend to get through but it's with much effort and turning the wheels back and forth.

I bought my tickets so I'm all ready. Except for a few things.

I notice the website stated tow hooks on the rear. Can you use the tow hitch point?
deltl1ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #84
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

2wd is definately a no go.....

allthough last fall we had a Isuzu Vehicross in our group and man did she wheel that thing!

walking down the line i was thinking ...Damn.... but then to see her take it all the way across varitey, findlys, and CJ-5 ( had to pull the winch out for thaton the 4th try) i was completely impressed with it.
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #85
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltl1ks View Post
Thanks, I asked to join your facebook page. I might be able to stop by the meet this weekend.

I'll check out the link.
My Jeep does not have lockers at this point. I need to hit the hills in second to make it up in most cases on wet hills. For mud I tend to get through but it's with much effort and turning the wheels back and forth.

I bought my tickets so I'm all ready. Except for a few things.

I notice the website stated tow hooks on the rear. Can you use the tow hitch point?
Yes, just get yourself a receiver D-ring and you'll be good to go on the tow hook for the rear.
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #86
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmanchew View Post
2wd is definately a no go.....

allthough last fall we had a Isuzu Vehicross in our group and man did she wheel that thing!

walking down the line i was thinking ...Damn.... but then to see her take it all the way across varitey, findlys, and CJ-5 ( had to pull the winch out for thaton the 4th try) i was completely impressed with it.
I remember her and that vehicle. I didn't think she would get out of the staging area. But she wheeled harder than some of the kids driving lifted JKs! It made me at them.
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Only 18 tickets left!
Better sign up today.
April 1st deadline to get a T-shirt with registration.
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #88
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just registered. Should have 3-4 other vehicles registering today coming up with me. Can't wait

My Build Thread
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #89
TrebleHook

1979 CJ7 

I'm in - took #11. There's only 10 spots left.

Anyone heading out from Norfolk/VB?

Cheers,
TrebleHook
1983 CJ8 Scrambler Laredo - 258 MOPAR MPFI/T-5/Dana 300 - 4.10 Dana 44 Rear/Dana 30 Front w/ ARB lockers front/rear - 4" BDS Suspension w/ Fox 2.0 Shocks - Ground Pounder Fab Front Shorty and Rear Spare Custom Bumpers - PSC Steering w/ Borgeson Shaft - 33x10.50 BFG KM2 on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic III - Work in progress.....
TrebleHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #90
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

only 6 tickets left

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.