Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Performance Vented Hood (Rugged RiARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
sitedzn
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sat the wife down last night to watch jeepinhokie's video. She kinda gave me one of those "we're gonna do WHAT?" looks.

Oh I can't wait. Haven't had a wheelin' trip since Feb of 2011. I'm dying here! Lots of work to get her ready though. SYE, cut XJ shaft, new booms, and 8.8 install before the trip. Really don't wanna try most of those obstacles with my 35...

[COLOR="red"]Big Daddy Off Road rock sliders[/COLOR]
35x12.5 BFG A/T KOs, XRC-8000

[COLOR="red"]I love installing new stuff.[/COLOR]
sitedzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #47
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just finished the axle swap today and this might be a good place to let it stretch its legs... Hopefully my father and I will see ya'll there.
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #48
jtrose70
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Tickets ordered. See ya there.
jtrose70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I signed up last week as well. Looks like it is going to be fun!
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #50
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

click on pic for teaser.
a little rain makes things interesting.
no he did not hit the tree at the top and right behind me is the bypass to not have to go up this.
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #51
deltl1ks
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm coming to this event. I'll register this weekend.

Awesome. I've been wanting to check out oakridge for a few years now. I'll be bypasser on most obstacles as I have to be able to drive it home.
Coming down from C'ville. Anyone nearbye want to start meeting up so I don't feel so lonely when I get there?

I think if I can talk them into it I'll bring my two boys
deltl1ks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #52
jtrose70
1988 YJ Wrangler 

www.vajeepoffroad.com has a meet and greet next weekend. Several of us are going. We're just across the mountain from you. I am always up for a ride, so if you wanna hit some trails in your area, just PM and lemme know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltl1ks View Post
I'm coming to this event. I'll register this weekend.

Awesome. I've been wanting to check out oakridge for a few years now. I'll be bypasser on most obstacles as I have to be able to drive it home.
Coming down from C'ville. Anyone nearbye want to start meeting up so I don't feel so lonely when I get there?

I think if I can talk them into it I'll bring my two boys
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #53
xbeakerx
1998 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrose70 View Post
www.vajeepoffroad.com has a meet and greet next weekend. Several of us are going. We're just across the mountain from you. I am always up for a ride, so if you wanna hit some trails in your area, just PM and lemme know.
I would like to come and get my feet wet for the first time in my ZJ before I go to Wheelin. If you don't mind of course.
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #54
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJsportG View Post
Im excited and just absolutely can not wait. Just got my MTRs and ready to put them to Goood use!

One question though. My friend just got an XJ, put a 3" lift and BFG ATs 31s on. He wants to go but doesn't want to tear up his rig or anything. Are there milder or trails? Or how do the groups get setup?
I have been a trail guide there for quite a few years for all different types of events. I will be guiding again at this year's WFH. A 3" lift and 31" tires will be overkill for 95% of the terrain. The other 5% you can either bang and slide over, go around, or I'll winch or strap you up. Stock Liberties can do this. Don't get me wrong, if you wish then there are several areas that are challenging. At the entrance to Variety Mills at least 1 vehicle has rolled each event for the last several years. But that's because they CHOSE to go that route and make it hard. There is a flat bypass next to it that most take.

As for CJ5 hill, well I guess that can appear menacing. It is very fun to go over because you need just a very little wheel spin if it's wet and you aren't locked, and you have to hit the line just right. You won't flop there. I don't think anyone ever has. For my first time it was a rush. Going down it gave me a different rush. Now, I will casually go up it in reverse or even down in reverse and it's no big deal. To make it a challenge I don't engage the lockers. If you don't want to do it, I'll put a strap on you and pull you up. You may get just a little heckling though.

We cut back all the brush on Bob's Creek, so the pin striping will be greatly reduced, however you should still expect some. If you love your paint like it's show Jeep, then don't come.

Does that help?

I have a question that I can't find information to. Last year a small group made us bag lunches for a small fee. It was great, are they doing it again? I want to put in an order but need the contact info.
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #55
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

lunch

kieth,

from the woodlands website....

Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Thank you for your interest in Wheelin' for Hope 2012!

Another Relay for Life team, the Blue Ridge Rainbows, is partnering with us to sell box lunches for the trail that drivers and riders can pick up before the drivers' meeting each morning. (You may remember last year the same Relay for Life team sold boxed lunches.)

They will be available for pick up at Oak Ridge Race Track at 8 a.m. each morning.

They are a suggested donation of $7 and all proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
from the news section of woodlands...

If you are interested in purchasing a lunch please download the form at http://bit.ly/AFtP9k,
and either mail your completed form(s) or e-mail Meghann Early at meghann@brmedical.com your order by April 16.

You can mail your orders to:

Blue Ridge Rainbows-RFL Team
c/o Blue Ridge Medical Center
Attn: Meghann Early or Brandi Massie
4038 Thomas Nelson Hwy.
Arrington, VA 22922.

If you have any questions please contact Meghann at meghann@brmedical.com

i was on the bobs creek crew a few weeks ago and that trail should be good to go!!!!
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #56
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you, I must have read over that 3 times while I was trying to find it. That's awesome! Saves more room in my cooler for the beer (after we clear the trails of course).
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #57
jtrose70
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
I would like to come and get my feet wet for the first time in my ZJ before I go to Wheelin. If you don't mind of course.
Just click the link and ask to join. The more the better.

www.vajeepoffroad.com
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #58
xbeakerx
1998 ZJ 

Done thanks! I'm on FB now.
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #59
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Gonna be there!! Really excited to see how the rig does. What are some of you guys doing for the rest of your meals? Buy tickets for lunches?
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #60
Dasko
2001 WJ 

I'm coming home for this all the way from kansas. It time it seems like it will be a great time. it is technically my first official wheeling trip so I look forward to it and my friend is also coming from lexington with his TJ

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.