Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Wheelin' 4 Hope 2012

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #31
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

A few of us were out there last weekend getting some of the trails cleared up from wear and tear last September at the Va4wda annual and just winter knock downs and brush grow up and i can tell you one thing.....

this event is going to be awesome!!!!

We didn't get a chance to wheel much but where we did it it looks like it is going to be perfect....

thanks to Chris, tidewater four wheelers, Tim and Liz, and all the people that showed up to get ready for this event....

The turnout we had that spent hours cutting brush back, hauling rock and pouring concrete truly show the class of this event.

I won't be there Saturday morning because we have our MS walk in Charlottesville but i will be there for dinner, the raffle (rumor has it there are at least 2 winches to give away), and wheeling on Sunday!

Hope to see you all there!

1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
kdiacont2010
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can't wait to get out there with some fellow jeepers .. been looking at videos from previous years all day!
kdiacont2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

only a few more weeks to register....

don't miss out!
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
duglas25
2007 JK Wrangler 

I signed up 11/16/11 so I all ready to go!!
37" Cooper STT MT 17" Rims
Currie G2 D60 Rear, ARB 5.13
Mopar bumpers rear DVD, LockPick, MyGig, Sirius,
Full Soft Doors
TMD Hood

2005 Inifinti G35 4 Door 6MT
Stillen Stage 3 Supercharger
duglas25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #35
sitedzn
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Signed up this morning. We'll have a group of what looks like 8-10 coming from our club.

Gonna be the wife's first wheeling trip...should be interesting. I told her if she's coming she HAS to drive at some point. Only way I can think of to get her hooked and possibly looking for her own Jeep.
[COLOR="red"]Big Daddy Off Road rock sliders[/COLOR]
35x12.5 BFG A/T KOs, XRC-8000

[COLOR="red"]I love installing new stuff.[/COLOR]
sitedzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #36
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We have a few from NJJA who are making the trip down as well.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #37
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

looks like we might hold a fellow JFs bachelor party weekend at wheelin for hope.

watch my video from the fall of 11' at Oak Ridge.

Oak Ridge isnt a hardcore wheeling location, but it is a very nice trail ride with a coupld nice challenges and an overall enjoyable weekend.

CJ5 being one of the more difficult ones without a bypass. I had to be winched up last time. i'm open/open on 33's and dont like to thrash on my D35 so thats not helping my cause, more wheel speed and momentum and i could have made it, but its not worth chancing it to me.

be ready for lots of pin stripes, last time i was there some of the trails looked like ATV trails with branches covering all but the center of the trail.

letting my wife drive didnt help her love the jeep any...

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie
looks like we might hold a fellow JFs bachelor party weekend at wheelin for hope.

watch my video from the fall of 11' at Oak Ridge.

Oak Ridge isnt a hardcore wheeling location, but it is a very nice trail ride with a coupld nice challenges and an overall enjoyable weekend.

CJ5 being one of the more difficult ones without a bypass. I had to be winched up last time. i'm open/open on 33's and dont like to thrash on my D35 so thats not helping my cause, more wheel speed and momentum and i could have made it, but its not worth chancing it to me.

be ready for lots of pin stripes, last time i was there some of the trails looked like ATV trails with branches covering all but the center of the trail.

letting my wife drive didnt help her love the jeep any...
Im excited and just absolutely can not wait. Just got my MTRs and ready to put them to Goood use!

One question though. My friend just got an XJ, put a 3" lift and BFG ATs 31s on. He wants to go but doesn't want to tear up his rig or anything. Are there milder or trails? Or how do the groups get setup?

Virginia
PM me for Maps and GPS Coordinates!
XJsportG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #39
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJsportG View Post
Im excited and just absolutely can not wait. Just got my MTRs and ready to put them to Goood use!

One question though. My friend just got an XJ, put a 3" lift and BFG ATs 31s on. He wants to go but doesn't want to tear up his rig or anything. Are there milder or trails? Or how do the groups get setup?
his XJ should be fine. does he have good tow points front AND rear?

most of the trails you see in the video are the hard stuff and everything has bypasses. you can even see me going around some of them. I only got help twice, but both times there was no other way around. (up CJ5 and the mud ruts at the end of the vid)

the MTR vs AT shouldnt be much of a difference if thats what your worried about. and i dont think he is going to tear anything up more than you are going to.

pictures from Oak Ridge here are some more pics to help you guage the trails

A Hokie build

Last edited by jeepinhokie; 03-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: added info
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #40
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

his XJ should be fine. does he have good tow points front AND rear?

most of the trails you see in the video are the hard stuff and everything has bypasses. you can even see me going around some of them. I only got help twice, but both times there was no other way around. (up CJ5 and the mud ruts at the end of the vid)

the MTR vs AT shouldnt be much of a difference if thats what your worried about. and i dont think he is going to tear anything up more than you are going to.

pictures from Oak Ridge here are some more pics to help you guage the trails
Yeah he's got front and rear recovery points. He's just making sure he's not going to go out and mess it up badly, or not at all. He's okay with getting it dirty put he's not gonna want drive through some deep mud. Me on the other hand I could careless.

So CJ5 is something everyone will come to on the trail or is there another way around? He would not do it at all.

Virginia
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #41
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJsportG View Post
Yeah he's got front and rear recovery points. He's just making sure he's not going to go out and mess it up badly, or not at all. He's okay with getting it dirty put he's not gonna want drive through some deep mud. Me on the other hand I could careless.

So CJ5 is something everyone will come to on the trail or is there another way around? He would not do it at all.
most trail guides will want to take the group to CJ5. (which was named b/c when they found the trail two CJ5s were the only jeeps able to make it up, my trail guide last time was one. white CJ in the video)

a friend said he had only gone up CJ5 in years past, but last year we went down, ran a small little trail and came back up it.

i would imagine there is a work around, but it wouldnt be easy to get around, or quick.

it really isnt bad, more hype than necessary. the trail guide set up a winch point and easily winched me up after i made a few attempts. not really a place to flop, or trash the body. so i'm not sure why he is so afraid. but i get it, new jeep and all.

A Hokie build

Unread 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

most trail guides will want to take the group to CJ5. (which was named b/c when they found the trail two CJ5s were the only jeeps able to make it up, my trail guide last time was one. white CJ in the video)

a friend said he had only gone up CJ5 in years past, but last year we went down, ran a small little trail and came back up it.

i would imagine there is a work around, but it wouldnt be easy to get around, or quick.

it really isnt bad, more hype than necessary. the trail guide set up a winch point and easily winched me up after i made a few attempts. not really a place to flop, or trash the body. so i'm not sure why he is so afraid. but i get it, new jeep and all.
Little body damage don't hurt no one. Chicks dig battle scars hahah. Thanks for the info man, sounds like it should be alot of fun! Can't wait.

Virginia
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #43
kdiacont2010
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I mean ill try anything and the more ppl that tell me I can't do something... the more motivated and determined I am to do it ... its a vicious cycle for the life of my jeep
kdiacont2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiacont2010
I mean ill try anything and the more ppl that tell me I can't do something... the more motivated and determined I am to do it ... its a vicious cycle for the life of my jeep
Agreed

Virginia
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #45
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Oak Ridge trails are stocker friendly. Almost all obstacles have by-passes. Stock vehicles can make it up CJ5, but if you don't want to push it, a trail guide will winch you up.
The obstacles can offer the better built vehicles a challenge though. The trail clean up a couple of weeks ago that Redmanchew referred to has opened up some of those overgrown trails.
If it rains, all trails are exciting.
We're really excited with the amount of participation this year.
Only a month until Wheelin' for Hope, sign up soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.