va beach/ tidewater - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > va beach/ tidewater

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #31
Kevin108
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The closest legal wheeling to this area is northwest in the GWNF or southeast to Carova Beach.

Unread 07-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #32
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkE View Post
A few years ago there used to be a trail between Pughsville Road and Portsmouth BLVD that was right along 664. Not sure if its still there or not. I'm new to the Jeep crowd and haven't owned a 4wheel drive truck or anything in 3 years. The only legal places I know of now are OBX and thats just sand.
That spot was also illegal, they dropped logs across all the entrances and posted signs every 10'. besides, if you weren't sporting 38's then you wouldn't make it back there. also check out starr motors offroad day out here in suffolk in the spring, they have some fun obstacles
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #33
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
That spot was also illegal, they dropped logs across all the entrances and posted signs every 10'. besides, if you weren't sporting 38's then you wouldn't make it back there. also check out starr motors offroad day out here in suffolk in the spring, they have some fun obstacles
Hampton roads Jeep club is actually having a day at Starr motors this Saturday. Check them out at http://hrjc.org
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #34
jeep94xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Exclamation no trespassing sign on battlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanickcook View Post
i was told of a legal one. one off of battlefield near the merchants tire. however, always bring a bro to go. i was called twice to pull someone out from it
i was down there a while back and they got no trespassing signs up all over the place. even they guys at the tire shop came out and told us that the cops are patrolling. but damn its a good trail if you can find the owner lemme know if you work something out. alot of dullies ran through there so its a lil deep
94 XJ, 38.5's, front leafs, and some other stuff. Red Jeep club member #28.
http://www.halloffame4x4trailriders.org/
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #35
jeep94xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

there is a small water hole just off of northhampton if you just wanna do some doughnuts around a pond its not to deep i made it through but we just had a good rain. just be careful i already went through both an airfilter and alternator. good place still i cant receive pm says i am full but wont let me delete anything any help?
94 XJ, 38.5's, front leafs, and some other stuff. Red Jeep club member #28.
http://www.halloffame4x4trailriders.org/
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #36
kookoo102
2013 WK 

hello, just got back from deployment and would like to finnly get my zj to flex a little. anyone know of any upcoming events? or some place i can go just to test out my setup? i have not taken it off the pavement since the lift went on.
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #37
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo102 View Post
hello, just got back from deployment and would like to finnly get my zj to flex a little. anyone know of any upcoming events? or some place i can go just to test out my setup? i have not taken it off the pavement since the lift went on.
We've got a group going to Carolla on the 6th. It started on cherokee specific forum but we're open to EVERYONE! And you're a ZJ anyways. We've got a couple Wranglers showing up and a chevy 1500 too. Come on out!

Click here for the post on JF
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #38
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alright,

Next time it rains nicely I will post a time and place to meet for anyone who is free to do the Northampton trail with me.
vanickcook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #39
kookoo102
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanickcook View Post
Alright,

Next time it rains nicely I will post a time and place to meet for anyone who is free to do the Northampton trail with me.
As long as I am not working, I am down.
How far from the beach is it?
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #40
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not near the beach at all. its right next to the Airport believe it or not.
Unread 10-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #41
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just went mudding at the airfield. May go to another spot if friend shows me. Since the Lift, I have been able to clear so much more. Hit me up if you want to tag along
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #42
kswyg001
2010 JK Wrangler 

The spot on battlefield is like this- the owners are out of town and they 'told' merchants to call the cops if they see people out there. Now merchants doesn't want to be 'those guys' so they don't always call the cops.

So it is illegal, but unattended.

As far as shipyard rd, I've heard good things about it but I haven't been back there. I went out playing over off of elaine (in ches) which is completely legal but the locals don't like people back there so they throw stuff in the mud to get your tires. Well......they got 2 of my tires.

The guys from Pungo 4x4 are useless. Look at the (lack of) quality lifts that they install. I wouldn't trust those guys with a dime.
kswyg001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #43
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

shipyard road in chesapeake? i looked it up. where on shipyard road do you go?
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #44
kswyg001
2010 JK Wrangler 

I haven't been back there, but I guess the road just kind of ends back towards the water and where it ends is where the "trail" begins. But I haven't personally been there, I have just heard of friends going back there.
kswyg001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #45
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

KMA park clean tomorrow 12-3-11

Anyone in the area feel free to show up and help KMA Jeep Klub clean the beach Garden park. It's something we do to help promote comunity acceptance for off road vehicles.

Here's a link to a map of where it's located: http://maps.google.com/maps?pq=beach...ed=0CAYQngIwAw

The Meet and Greet/Park Clean is tomorrow morning at 10 AM for anyone interested.

Thanks!

~Necro~
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.