VA Beach to Corolla / 4x4? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > VA Beach to Corolla / 4x4?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Talking VA Beach to Corolla / 4x4?

Hey everyone, I'm coming up to Virginia Beach this weekend and am heading back to NC next week... Was going to see if from the NC border North of Corolla (where I usually go on the beach for fishing) is open past the VA border. Would be pretty cool to drive back home (or up to VA beach) taking the Jeep way.

Looking at google maps there appears to be a way (at least beach) that goes all the way through...but it may not be legal past the NC/VA border.

Wondering if any locals up there have any experience in attempting such a feat.

Thanks!

09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
cruisin217
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's never been open in VA. Only place to wheel on coastline in VA is Assateague.
cruisin217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin217
It's never been open in VA. Only place to wheel on coastline in VA is Assateague.
Found out today from the park ranger that I would need to be a perm resident of the outer banks and apply for a permit that would allow me to go between NC and va. Did hike the beach though today...did a little sneaker offloading on the dunes . Great hiking but next time I'll bring my bike to False Cape...or maybe a reason to become a perm resident of the outer banks
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
blackhawk51
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar11d2 View Post
Found out today from the park ranger that I would need to be a perm resident of the outer banks and apply for a permit that would allow me to go between NC and va. Did hike the beach though today...did a little sneaker offloading on the dunes . Great hiking but next time I'll bring my bike to False Cape...or maybe a reason to become a perm resident of the outer banks
Was just about to come in here and say the same thing...gotta be a resident. I know that some locals that live in the Carova area have keys to a back gate for evacuation purposes. Ever since I've been going down to Corolla you haven't been able to take a vehicle (legally) past the fence that separates NC and VA...although I would love to!
blackhawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.