Use of chainsaw in National Forrest? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Use of chainsaw in National Forrest?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
electrolime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Use of chainsaw in National Forrest?

Just curious, if I happen to be on an open trail in the National Forrest and I happen to come across a down tree across the road, does anyone know if I will get in some kind of trouble for cutting it down and moving it out of the way?

I there a permit I have to get or something?

Thanks for the input

#donthatethechrome
electrolime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You likely would need to get a wood cutting permit and it also has to be a cutting day.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Call a ranger station and ask is your best bet. It might not be legal but I can't see anyone hassling you for clearing a roadway.
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
electrolime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
It might not be legal but I can't see anyone hassling you for clearing a roadway.
That's what I'm thinkin. Gonna give them a call though I think.
#donthatethechrome
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
lazebum
2001 WJ 

survey says?
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
electrolime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

tree was gone before I got around to it. Thanks Mr. Ranger!
#donthatethechrome
Unread 09-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
xjtrailrider

According to our local DNR Officer; You can cut and move the tree from blocking the trail/road. You can not cut it into fire wood and haul it out. You need a permit for that.

In other words, just cut it as minimal as you can to safely move it to the side of the trail/road. I recommend you carry plenty of safety gear as a accident in the woods, even minor can result in death by the time someone gets to you.
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.