UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #46
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Scott, glad that you can make it, should be a good time!

Jake, that'll work!

Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone!

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Last edited by RichardD; 03-11-2009 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Correction
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #47
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Weather Update

Hey again guys.

Last minute weather update. Don't get discouraged, they have a hard time predicting weather here due to the mountains. I would bring rain gear though.

Thursday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain showers before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday: A chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: A chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #48
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the update, glad we got the cabins and rain gear.
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #49
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man am I urked, already made plans to go to Charleston this weekend! I'm definatley going to Jeep Jamboree there next month! Well, that is, if someone who's been there before tells me my stock TJ (4.0 auto and D44 w/limited slip) can make enough of the trail to make it worth my while...
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #50
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You won't have much problem in a stock Jeep.
Most obstacles have by-passes.
I'm sure the guides will be set up to winch you through anything too difficult.

Richard and Scott, look forward to seeing you guys this afternoon.
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #51
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great!... I'm gona call and get registered this afternoon. Hopefully I'll at least have my winch by then anyway.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #52
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys.

Hope everyone had a good time, and no major damage. We had everything from sun, rain, to sleet and snow on Friday, and then rain Saturday . Definitely bumped the challenge rating up a couple notches.

Cb11, and UPSucks, did either of you make it?

Fromme: It was great to FINALLY meet you .

Tdogg55555: Great to wheel with you again, and meet Jill too, I think she's hooked. Looking forward to seeing both of you for the Bash and the Annual .

Redmanchew: Good to see you and your Dad again. Now all I have to do is "convince" you to come ride with us !

Lifesgoodhere: I would say that you had a good time judging by the big smile on your face .

Bsutton: Good to meet you, and enjoyed catching dinner with you too. I hear you're planning on going to the PA Jeep show ?

Dragginwagon406: Good to meet you, and glad that you enjoyed yourselves .

Scotch740: Good to see you again this year. I'll keep sending you trailride info .

BRAY6: Enjoyed wheeling with you again .

Les.delancy: You'll have a blast !

Upcoming Events:

Lost Jeepers 4th Annual July Bash - Saturday July 11th at Lynchburg, VA (about 1/2 hour South of Oak Ridge).

Virginia 4 Wheel Drive Association (VA4WDA) 17th Annual Trailride and Poker Run - Friday September 18th and Saturday, September 19th at Oak Ridge Estate ,

Let me know if any of you need info for either one.

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 03-20-2009 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Correction
Unread 03-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #53
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

Richard,
it was great meeting you too!! i had a blast wheeling up there..met a lot of great people..i caught dinner with the folks from Pa Jeeps on Friday night..great bunch of people. i'd love to hit that event..i hear it's one of the biggest on the east coast.
i'm interested in the Lost Jeepers run in July..Can you / do you post for it? is it basically the same as Oak Ridge? i'll try and bring family if so...

You guys put on a great event. Our guides ( group 6 i believe) were Steve and Mark and they were great! we had a fun time, with a little carnage mixed in. Our group was a blast to wheel with..
i'll see everyone next year for sure..

brian
bsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #54
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
Fromme: It was great to FINALLY meet you .
Likewise Richard. I went to seek you out after I had set up my camper and made up the campsite with my friends, but I never could catch up with you. Between the wheeling and the miserable cold rain and snow most people weren't exactly just out standing around. I hope on the next ride we can catch up and talk longer!
The Annual run this Sept perhaps?
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #55
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsutton View Post
Richard,
it was great meeting you too!! i had a blast wheeling up there..met a lot of great people..i caught dinner with the folks from Pa Jeeps on Friday night..great bunch of people. i'd love to hit that event..i hear it's one of the biggest on the east coast.
i'm interested in the Lost Jeepers run in July..Can you / do you post for it? is it basically the same as Oak Ridge? i'll try and bring family if so...

You guys put on a great event. Our guides ( group 6 i believe) were Steve and Mark and they were great! we had a fun time, with a little carnage mixed in. Our group was a blast to wheel with..
i'll see everyone next year for sure..

brian
Mike and Sheila that you ate with Saturday are from PA Jeeps too, they go every year. We're planning on going up, Dan, Barbie, Andy, and Eric from kNOw where 2 Jeep that ate with us Saturday are coming too, we'll all have to do dinner up there one night.

I'll post it here, but PM me your email address so I can send the July Bash info to you. It's a one day event, smaller scale, but still alot of fun.

We can't take all the credit, many groups were represented helping out besides Lost Jeepers, Tidewater Four Wheelers, River City Trail Runners, and more. All of us come together to support the UFWDA, after all, we have to keep it going so they keep the trails open for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromme View Post
Likewise Richard. I went to seek you out after I had set up my camper and made up the campsite with my friends, but I never could catch up with you. Between the wheeling and the miserable cold rain and snow most people weren't exactly just out standing around. I hope on the next ride we can catch up and talk longer!
The Annual run this Sept perhaps?
I ended up staying up on the hill as gatekeeper until 8PM, as my relief never showed, . I'm sure the weather will be much better next trip, I look forward to getting to talk to you more at the Annual .

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 03-22-2009 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Correction

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.