UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Exclamation UFWDA 2nd Annual Virginia Wheel - In Trail Ride

Hey again folks. Guess what?..... IT'S BACK!!! March 12, 13, and 14th.

The United Four Wheel Drive Association Wheel - In is coming back to Oak Ridge Estate, previous site of 6 Camp Jeep Virginia events.

The trail system consists of 17 trails, totalling 42+ miles, with creek crossings, steep hill climbs, and a few rock climbs. There is very little mud (unless it rains, then watch out). The trails are fairly easy with some harder obstacles sprinkled throughout. They can be run stock as there are bypasses at the tougher sections. It's tight for full sized 4WDs though. This is a great opportunity to wheel these trails as Oak Ridge is private property and does not allow open wheeling.

You can follow the link to view the flyer for details, and register also http://www.ufwda.org/. Click on the appropriate links to the upper right or call 1/800-44UFWDA to register too. It costs $120.00 for members of UFWDA, (you'll need your membership number to register either online or by phone to receive your discount) or $160.00 for non members (Part of the difference in price is that you become a member of the UFWDA for 1 year). This covers the vehicle, land use, the driver, a meal ticket for dinner Saturday night, a tshirt, and new this year, on site camping. Additional meal tickets and/or tshirts can be purchased from the "Shop" link on the website or by phone for an additional $15.00 each.

You can stay on top of things by clicking the "Forum" link on the UFWDA main page and going to the General Discussion area for all the latest details.

I'm sure the raffle will be awesome again this year too.

Sign up as soon as possible as there are limited spots and registration closes March 1st if it doesn't fill up before that.

Don't miss the chance to wheel some beautiful trails, not to mention support a great cause.

Hope to see you there. Post up if you're planning on coming.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Last edited by RichardD; 01-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: correction
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #2
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be there, look forward to meeting you. If you can make an event this year, this is a good one to make.
Unread 01-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
cb11
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm planning on signing up for this. This will be my first trip with more than just a couple friends. Need to see how a few other things we have going on fall into the schedule.
Unread 01-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
IronManVa
SandSurfer

yeah this is a great place we had a blast there in sept.

a few from my krew are making plans... i may miss is
www.jeeporvis.com ... www.jeepartist.com ... www.kmaoffroad.org Virginia Beach ... www.obxbreakers.comOff season Jeeper Deals
IronManVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Oak ridge is a great place to wheel! I went to the Annual ride there in September of last year. It was pretty much my first trail ride and I had a blast wheeling with Richard and the Lost Jeepers
Unread 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

why are these things always on a thursday friday and saturday? I'd love to go, but getting two days off of work without pay really isn't going to happen for a wheelin' trip,,,especially if I cannot wheel on sunday too!
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I usually just take off Friday and leave Thurs after work. Yea, Fri is unpaid for me, but as slow as the automotive field is these days, I wouldnt be losing much. Much Much more exciting to be wheeling at Oak Ridge all Friday than busting my tale to make a couple ours at work...(the joys of working commision).
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromme View Post
I'll be there, look forward to meeting you. If you can make an event this year, this is a good one to make.
Fromme: Looking forward to meeting you also .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg55555 View Post
Oak ridge is a great place to wheel! I went to the Annual ride there in September of last year. It was pretty much my first trail ride and I had a blast wheeling with Richard and the Lost Jeepers
Tyson: Jill and I enjoyed getting to meet and wheel with you. Can't wait to watch you conquer CJ5 Hill this trip! No pressure, !

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSucks View Post
why are these things always on a thursday friday and saturday? I'd love to go, but getting two days off of work without pay really isn't going to happen for a wheelin' trip,,,especially if I cannot wheel on sunday too!
Hey UPSucks. I believe that they use Sunday as a travel day. Thursdays events don't start 'til 4PM. All you would really miss is Registration and the Vendors, you could do Registration Friday morning and then check them out Saturday night. You could arrive either Thursday night after work, or early on Friday morning, as the wheeling is actually on Friday and Saturday. As long as you got there by 7:30AM, they probably won't close Registration 'til 8, you would be OK. They haven't posted a schedule yet, but I know a couple of folks that had the same issue last year and were able to work it out that way. I would suggest that you call the UFWDA office number, 1800/44UFWDA and ask Marti Pugh just to be sure.

I show up Thursday evening and eat Fridays pay, but it's worth it to wheel here!

Hope some of you folks from the KMA Krew can make it .

Be well,
Richard
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Even if you can't get there until Friday evening, it's still worth it IMO. Sat is the 'big' day with the catered dinner after a day of wheeling, the band, and the great raffle.
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey fromme, do you work in Suffolk? Im trying to think If Ive seen you around. I work at Mike Duman.
Unread 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey UPSucks. I believe that they use Sunday as a travel day. Thursdays events don't start 'til 4PM. All you would really miss is Registration and the Vendors, you could do Registration Friday morning and then check them out Saturday night. You could arrive either Thursday night after work, or early on Friday morning, as the wheeling is actually on Friday and Saturday. As long as you got there by 7:30AM, they probably won't close Registration 'til 8, you would be OK. They haven't posted a schedule yet, but I know a couple of folks that had the same issue last year and were able to work it out that way. I would suggest that you call the UFWDA office number, 1800/44UFWDA and ask Marti Pugh just to be sure.

I show up Thursday evening and eat Fridays pay, but it's worth it to wheel here!

Hope some of you folks from the KMA Krew can make it .

Be well,
Richard

Thanks for the info Richard. I was thinking that they started out on the trails on thursday.

I actually am debating on going to this event,,,especially since it is around my birthday. Will have to see what the wife says.

Thanks again,

Tony
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hope you can work it out Tony, I know that you won't regret it. IMO, Oak Ridge has some of the best trailriding in Virginia. Any more questions, just let me know.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey again folks. I've had some questions regarding trailriding at the Wheel - In.

No the trails are NOT run like at Camp Jeep Events, where you get to pick 2 trails and that's it. You'll get to ride most of the trails at Oak Ridge, I won't say all because it's almost impossible to run all 17 in 2 days.

Be well,
Richard
Unread 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
IronManVa
SandSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSucks View Post
Thanks for the info Richard. I was thinking that they started out on the trails on thursday.

I actually am debating on going to this event,,,especially since it is around my birthday. Will have to see what the wife says.

Thanks again,

Tony
Come on man great ride If I can I'll roll with ya my brother
www.jeeporvis.com ... www.jeepartist.com ... www.kmaoffroad.org Virginia Beach ... www.obxbreakers.comOff season Jeeper Deals
IronManVa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg55555 View Post
Hey fromme, do you work in Suffolk? Im trying to think If Ive seen you around. I work at Mike Duman.
Yes I do. Can't say as I go to the Du-man though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.