Troutville local looking for close by trails - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Troutville local looking for close by trails

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a local. Boblett's Gap is a nice scenic fire road. It's pretty rutted out now, and there are a few places where you'll need 4wd.. It was pretty overgrown the last time I was out there, but it tends to be nicer in the fall like it is now when the leaves are changing colors. Pott's is cool, but definitely not stock friendly and not somewhere you'd want to go without someone who's got some experience there (and recovery gear)...

Broad Run is along the same lines as Boblett's Gap where it's mainly scenic with some water crossings. You have to be careful not to explore onto other peoples property... Unfortunately people ruined that concept over the years. If you take the Wilderness Road on 311, that eventually turns into Broad Run, which brings you back out to 311. It's a fun way to spend an hour or two and take in some scenery and maybe some wildlife.

I've been overhauling my TJ lately.. New battery over the last weekend, new radiator, thermostat, and now new rear brake lines unexpectedly. As soon as I get done with that, I'd love to get back out there if you want to run it sometime with me.

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I'm a local. Boblett's Gap is a nice scenic fire road. It's pretty rutted out now, and there are a few places where you'll need 4wd.. It was pretty overgrown the last time I was out there, but it tends to be nicer in the fall like it is now when the leaves are changing colors. Pott's is cool, but definitely not stock friendly and not somewhere you'd want to go without someone who's got some experience there (and recovery gear)...

Broad Run is along the same lines as Boblett's Gap where it's mainly scenic with some water crossings. You have to be careful not to explore onto other peoples property... Unfortunately people ruined that concept over the years. If you take the Wilderness Road on 311, that eventually turns into Broad Run, which brings you back out to 311. It's a fun way to spend an hour or two and take in some scenery and maybe some wildlife.

I've been overhauling my TJ lately.. New battery over the last weekend, new radiator, thermostat, and now new rear brake lines unexpectedly. As soon as I get done with that, I'd love to get back out there if you want to run it sometime with me.
If you take a right on Broad Run off of Wilderness Rd you go over the mountain and into Botetourt Co. Its a nice drive up through there. Bobletts is a fun short trail. There is a off-road park opening in Montgomery Co soon if all goes right with things. Stay tuned
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjtrailrider View Post
If you take a right on Broad Run off of Wilderness Rd you go over the mountain and into Botetourt Co. Its a nice drive up through there. Bobletts is a fun short trail. There is a off-road park opening in Montgomery Co soon if all goes right with things. Stay tuned
Where does that eventually come out when you go right onto Broad Run?

The first time I went out there by myself, I made the mistake of turning right and driving for quite a ways.. I ended up running into a hunter and asking if I needed to turn around to get to 311 or if I would eventually come out somewhere.. my gas light had just come on, and I was a little nervous :-D
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Where does that eventually come out when you go right onto Broad Run?

The first time I went out there by myself, I made the mistake of turning right and driving for quite a ways.. I ended up running into a hunter and asking if I needed to turn around to get to 311 or if I would eventually come out somewhere.. my gas light had just come on, and I was a little nervous :-D
You will wind up in Daleville near LBHS. I can not remember the twists and turns though. Just turn on you nav system and let it guide you out to Daleville
xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.