Trails near richmond? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Trails near richmond?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
MGK

Trails near richmond?

Live in chesterfield and I'm trying to find a good set of trails close by, I would go to near by construction sites but not really wanting to get into things with the cops. If anyone knows of a place to go off road please respond.

MGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Most offroad places are going to be in the mountains. I live in chesterfield, and the closest thing is Crozet, which is an hour and 45 min away.

Next closest is Shoe Creek, it's about an hour 50-2 hrs.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
MGK

I'm guessing there is a fee to get into crozet?
Unread 08-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It is private land that is utilized by RCPFA. You can either become a member of RCPFA for $26 a year and wheel anytime, or come out to an open wheeling event and you don't have to be a member. The fees are as follows:

Members - $25/day per vehicle, $40/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)
Nonmembers - $30/day per vehicle, $60/2-day weekend per vehicle for preregistration, extra $5 if paid at the site. (No passenger fees.)

Trust me, it's worth the small fee for some of the best wheeling in VA versus the fire roads in GWNF. PM me or go to RCPFA.com with any questions.
Unread 08-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
MGK

Thanks a lot for all the info man, I'll Deffently check it out!
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was apprehensive at first, but now I really only feel like wheeling there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.