Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail Run [Nov. 27th]

4K views 49 replies 8 participants last post by  XJsportG 
#1 ·
Trying to get a decent size group of people to hit the trails Thanksgiving weekend...

Haven't decided where to go yet but I want to test out my new lift and tires... :)

Let me know if your interested

#6 ·
I had proposed a trip to Big Levels and Crabtree Falls/Shoe Creek on Black Friday (Nov 25) to judge interest in such a trip in another thread. If anyone wants to turn it into an overnighter, cool.

Not a hijack of this thread, but the thread I started is listed as "Black Friday Big Levels/Shoe Creek run."

#10 ·
What size rim do you have and what kind of tires are you trying to get? Im hopefully going to get some bigger tires and will have some 255/70 or 75?/r17 sra's for cheap once I get some 315's. If your interested let me know. Im in mechanicsville so Im not sure how far you are either.

#12 ·
hiking325 said:
Also just so yall can see how big the trail group is here is a list so far-
Hiking325
JK10
08HokieJK
Lavta3
finnd1
Bernigoober
hurst11JK
kungfucracka
Battlefrog
Sayre07
Adam
teh215
cp08jk
kdiacont2010 & hubby
Benz0
Bigtfizzlexj
xtrm4x4
20 people at shoe creek. Damn. Hope there's no on coming traffic :/

#22 · (Edited)
I added you to the list but please click on the "Wheeler Inventory" link an update it accordingly. Also please let me know what spot you want to meet up with others at. There is a group coming from NOVA so check out the "Master Map" and you will see all the meeting locations. The NOVA group is meeting at their first location at 0700. Then the central VA and Hampton Roads group will meet them off 64 near UVA. Glad you are joining us!!!

#20 ·
Ok sounds good. Glen (hiking) will post up the info when he gets home since I'm on my phone... there is a group of guys meeting up there to head down and meet up w our convoy.

#21 ·
1st Annual VA Turkey Crawl - November 26th

This trail run will be a chance for everyone to get together, meet new jeepers, and mainly clean the trails of all trash and debris. Since the locals there allow us to wheel, the least we can do is clean the mess from others so that the trail remains open for everyone to enjoy. Plus this will give us a chance to let the newer people get some experience. If I counted correctly I think we have around 12 people who are new to wheeling.

We will be doing this trail from the Bottom to the Top. Due to the size of our group we will "play it by ear" with doing the run back down for camp in case it gets to dark when we finish the first run. There were multiple camping sites on the top end so it shouldnt be an issue finding one.

We will be communicating on Channel 4 throughout the trip.

If you are interested in ordering a shirt please post in the googledoc (the link is below, and you do not need to be logged in to perform changes). We will not collect any money until a design has been posted so please stay tuned.

T-Shirt Information Sheet- HERE

Please update this spreadsheet with if your new and what kind of equipment you will be bringing. Only put in answers where you can say yes to or if you are new to wheeling. It will start saving the changes as soon as you start typing them in.

Wheeler Inventory

The "Master Map"- Check HERE

Nova Groups Map- Check HERE

Richmond Groups Map- Check HERE

finnd1 if you need one- Check HERE

Newport News Group Map- Check HERE

Day 2 Map
Point "B" on this map is our spot to refuel.

Please use the "Master Map" to reference these meeting spots and where we are picking people up at.
Spot "G" Meeting Time- 7:00 AM
Spot "F" Meeting Time- 7:00 AM
Spot "A" Meeting Time- 8:30 AM
Spot "B" Meeting Time- 9:15 AM
Spot "E" Meeting Time- 10:15 AM
Spot "C" Meeting Time- 11:15 AM
Spot "D" Meeting Time- 12:00 PM

Drivers

Hiking325- Meeting Spot "A" camping
Lavta3- Meeting Spot "A"
CrystalRubi- Meeting Spot "A"
kdiacont2010- Meeting Spot "A"
kdiacont2010's hubby- Meeting Spot "A"

Benz0- Meeting Spot "B"
Bigtfizzlexj- Meeting Spot "B"
xtrm4x4- Meeting Spot "B"
jtehovnik- Meeting Spot "B"
Norty- Meeting Spot "B"

finnd1- Meeting Spot "C" (possibly going)

Wallsofcrete- Meeting Spot "D"
teh215- Meeting Spot "D"

ylojelo- Meeting Spot "E"

Bernigoober- Meeting Spot "F"
kungfucracka- Meeting Spot "F" camping
hurst11JK- Meeting Spot "F"
hurst11JK's friend- Meeting Spot "F"
08HokieJK- Meeting Spot "F"
whosit- Meeting Spot "F"
JKchillin- Meeting Spot "F"

JK10- Meeting Spot "G"
Battlefrog- Meeting Spot "G" camping
Sayre07- Meeting Spot "G" camping
Adam- Meeting Spot "G" camping
aristobrat- Meeting Spot "G" camping
karls10JK- Meeting Spot "G"
DeReK_AgIn- Meeting Spot "G"

Meeting Us On Sunday

XJsportG

Possibly Coming

EpicCosmo- Salem, VA

Still Need A Meeting Spot Assigned

RedKnight

Getting Home
Shoe Creek Top and Bottom Locations - HERE
Shoe Creek Top to 64 East - HERE
Shoe Creek Bottom to 64 East - HERE

#23 ·
Man hiking you are prepared!!!! I dig all the thought put into this. Wish i could go but unfortunately i still need tires bad!! Pretty much bald. Good news is i put new hub bearings on both sides today and it got rid of some of my roaring! might have to change carrier and pinion bearings still though.. Hopefully ill catch you guys next time! Have fun and take plenty of pics and WARM BLANKETS!!!!!

#24 ·
99WJCHRIS said:
Man hiking you are prepared!!!! I dig all the thought put into this. Wish i could go but unfortunately i still need tires bad!! Pretty much bald. Good news is i put new hub bearings on both sides today and it got rid of some of my roaring! might have to change carrier and pinion bearings still though.. Hopefully ill catch you guys next time! Have fun and take plenty of pics and WARM BLANKETS!!!!!
Possible december or january trip! Keeps on the look out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.