Spotsylvania/Stafford Trails or clubs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Spotsylvania/Stafford Trails or clubs?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
BSTEW1374
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Spotsylvania/Stafford Trails or clubs?

Just got a my very first jeep and and would really like to do some trailriding! Nothing crazy (I wouldnt want to here it from my dad about dings and dents) but just a place where me and some of my friends can get offroad. Has to be LEGAL. If you know any places around spotsylvania Id love to here! Thanks!

BSTEW1374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Shoe creek is a good one. Big levels is a little overgrown so expect some pin-striping. Crozet is privately owned land that wheeling is permitted on during open days for non-members. The next one is July 7&8th: http://rcpfa.com/showthread.php?2827...eling-July-7-8

Crozet is nice because you are actually never more than 5-10 minutes walk from camp. So if something happens it's not like your stuck 2 hours down some fireroad in hillbilly country.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

shoe creek can be tons of fun just don't go alone... a stocker can get through the main trail but there are obstacles to challenge fortified rigs as well... just went this weekend, you can check out the last page of my build in the cj forum for the pics
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
BSTEW1374
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Shoe Creek is public right? I'll definetly make plans to check out both in the near future! thanks for the replies!
BSTEW1374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It is technically a state road from what I've heard, of course its not maintained lol but it is a perfect place to get your feet wet in the jeep world... like I said though if I were you I'd just take another jeeper to "hold your hand" through it. Just in case. You don't want your first time to be sour.
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTEW1374 View Post
Shoe Creek is public right? I'll definetly make plans to check out both in the near future! thanks for the replies!
Shoot me a PM if you want to set up a day to go, I'm willing to guide.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know id be willing to go, even though my rig is completely stock.
JeepWave06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.