Shoe Creek - Moved from Aug 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Shoe Creek - Moved from Aug 2012

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
mjmnrem
2012 JK Wrangler 

Shoe Creek - Moved from Aug 2012

Okay, I have the details on Shoe Creek for anyone who has been thinking of going there... is it still open, is it private, can I make it, etc. I ran the whole trail on Thursday 8/30/12 and here is the debrief!

First off, I did it in a stock 2012 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door hard top. My experience level is low, mostly sand dunes and puddles, and this is my first jeep. I found it exciting and relatively challenging. I ran it with my wife and two kids. Most of the trail is just bumpy rocks, several small creek crossings (which might be cooler after some good rain!), but there are definitely some challenges and spots to mess up your ride if you're not careful. We were completely solo, by the way, and only passed two other jeeps, so just be aware before you start. I can't give you solid directions to the trail head but the GPS coordinates took me straight there: 37' 47.263 N / 079' 06.173 W. You will probably never find it without that, trust me. Use the GPS coordinates.

The trail is open, easy to follow and any private property stuff is very well marked. The trail is about 3.1 miles and it took us almost two hours, but we stopped for pictures and exploring. If you have mods, lifts and experience I assume its a cake walk, but still fun. I have no mods, a stock jeep and little experience so I thought it was a blast but still challenging. You're going uphill most of the way and you end up at Crabtree Falls. All and all pretty cool and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Its a rock crawl, mostly. Hope this helps anyone like me who lives out at the beach and has been looking for something more than sand dunes! I'll try to upload a picture or two also. Enjoy!

rock.jpg  
mjmnrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.