shoe creek location???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > shoe creek location????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-31-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
03rubicon35s
2003 TJ Wrangler 

shoe creek location????

im tryin to plan a trip up to shoe creek here in va but i dont exactly know where it is iv herd its close to charlottesville, va but not sure where abouts im in virginia beach so it would suck to drive the 4 hours and not be able to find it.. any help?

03rubicon35s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The GPS coordinates to the trail head are:
37' 47.263 N
079' 06.173 W

VA FR 826 (for those that have a Delorme Virginia Map)

The trail head is near Alhambra, VA (so if you map quest it, you will see Perkins Mill Road. The start is at the end of Perkins Mill Rd near Alhambra on the right).

From Food Lion/Gas Station shopping center in Lovingston, VA

Head South on Thomas Nelson HYW / US-29 / VA-56 W (approx 4 miles)
Turn Right on VA-158/VA-56/Tye Brook HWY (1.1 miles)
Right on Roseland Rd (3.2 miles)
Roseland Rd becomes VA-655 (0.0 miles)
VA-655 becomes Roseland Rd (0.7 miles)
Sharp left on VA-151 / Patrick Henry HWY (0.1 miles)
Right onto VA-56 / Crabtree Falls HWY (1.8 miles)
Left onto Dickie Rd (1.6 miles)
Turn left to stay on Dickie Rd (1.0 miles)
Dickie Rd becomes Jack Hill Rd (2.0 miles)
Turn Right onto Perkins Mill Rd (2.5 miles) Stay right on Perkins Mill Road (<1.0miles) to Shoe Creek Trail Head
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
03rubicon35s
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sweet thanx!
03rubicon35s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Is this the trail that is about a mile up the road from Crabtree falls camp ground?
Unread 10-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJCHRIS View Post
Is this the trail that is about a mile up the road from Crabtree falls camp ground?
pretty sure is is.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
ronbeme

How would you rate this trail?
ronbeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #7
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Beginers stocker trail. Very pretty scenery. Some cool camp sights. A few large rocks to play on here and their. Trail takes about 3-4 hours to get through.
Unread 10-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

when are you thinking of going? I'm in VB too. The local club I'm a part of. . . Hrjc.org. . . Is going Nov 12. I'm not sure yet if im able to make that but want to go. You should check out the club and join us! You're more than wtelcome to come to the trip.
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
ronbeme

Thanks, 99WJCHRIS. I have a few stock Vehicles following in the trail, so hopefully they will enjoy the trip. Would you say it's 3-4 hours with no stopping? Thanks!
ronbeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Beginers stocker trail. Very pretty scenery. Some cool camp sights. A few large rocks to play on here and their. Trail takes about 3-4 hours to get through.
What trail are you referring to?

We ran shoe creek after we ran Big levels a couple weeks ago with you guys and made it through in 30 minutes one way (The guy in the unlimited rubi was leading and hauling ***). It has way more rocks and a few stream crossings. I actually used 4wd on this trail Coming back up has some pretty difficult spots where you might need a spotter depending on the route you take. It can be done with a stock TJ or XJ, the harder lines maybe not.

Note that all the property on the sides of the trail is private/no trespassing. The land owners have been trying to get the trail closed for a long time so please be respectful
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

I've been down that trail a few times. Its a cake walk. Im referring to the trail with the freaking thirty minute gravel road and the trail really starts at a field everyone camps in and their is a parking area with some rank nasty rest rooms in it.
Unread 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #12
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You're talking about the trail that leads by picture rock and the now closed slick rock right?

Its certainly nothing a stocker and a good driver cant handle but Id atleast consider it a trail. There are a few pretty fun lines and the one drop off is taller than a 35" tire.

BTW did you know that the exit from big levels is closed to all vehicles? The one we took out to the parkway. Confirmed it with Nriver ranger station a few weeks back. Technically you cant go past the sign that says something or another about forestry area about a mile before you hit the parkway. The one about fifteen minutes past the overlook.
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #13
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Well its a good thing we didn't get busted then! That woulda been a long ride back!!
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Actually when looking at the pic of the sign my GF took more closely, it appears in tiny print under it is says from jan-april.

Leave it to my ranger buddy to not know wtf he is talking about lol
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
Livewire51200
2000 WJ 

Hey guys, I'm interested in going to Shoe Creek Trail, I live up in Charles Town, WV, about how far away is it from me? Thanks! And if you guys know any trails closer to me please let me know.
Livewire51200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.