Poker Run Saturday, April 17 to benefit the UFWDA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Poker Run Saturday, April 17 to benefit the UFWDA

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Shoecreek Poker Run Saturday, April 17 to benefit the UFWDA

Lost Jeepers will be hosting a Poker Run Saturday, April 17th at 9AM at Shoecreek to raise money for UFWDA (United Four Wheel Drive Association). The UFWDA works hard to keep the trails open for all of us to enjoy, and we'd like to help them out. Not familiar with United? Check them out here: www.ufwda.org Membership is $20 for an individual membership for 1 year. You don't have to be a member for this event however.

The Poker hands will be $10 (you can get more than one if you would like for $10 each additional), with 50% going to UFWDA and the remaining money to be split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place hands. All that are interested RSVP to Laura ( jeepcrew@aol.com ) ASAP. Everyone's help is needed and appreciated. If you are not able to attend you may still donate, or even better, join the UFWDA. Please pass this info to everyone you can. All are welcome. Open to all 4WD vehicles. The trail is ok for stock 4WD vehicles. Bring your own lunch and drinks (non alcoholic please). There will also be a 50/50 Raffle too, tickets will be $1.00 each.

Starting at the bottom of the Shoe Creek trail. First card drawn there. Other cards drawn at spots along the trail as you drive up the trail. The first vehicle starts at 9 am. Last vehicle allowed at 11 am. Trail takes at least 2 hours (expect longer with card stops). Last card drawn at the parking lot at the top (where the bathroom is). You do not have to be present to win the best poker hand. You can leave your poker sheet with your contact info on it with the staff.

If you don't know how to get to the trailhead at Shoecreek, you can meet the group at the BP Station on the corner of Rt. 29S and Rt. 151 at 7:30 AM (rolling out at 8AM) to follow us in, you will be the first group heading up the trail at 9.

We WILL be having this event no matter the weather.

Be well,
Richard

Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause you just never know.....

Last edited by RichardD; 04-05-2010 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Correction
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
MrJayDeeM
2002 WJ 

I might, I will try. What exactly a poker run?

Quality Auto Paint & Body, Inc.
MrJayDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
tacweapon
1996 ZJ 

I have a buddy that is thinking about ging but we were wondering if there is anywhere near the BP gas station to camp it doesnt have to be an established campgrounds a national or state forest is fine.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...6/#post8639134
tacweapon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I believe you can camp in shoe creek itself...or maybe search crabtree falls. but it sounds like they are going in from the slick rock end and coming out up in the parking area.

http://www.crabtreefallscampground.com/
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
tacweapon
1996 ZJ 

thanks for the info

I will get with my buddy and see what he says my problem is Im not familiar with that trail so Im not sure of were the trailheads are

Unread 04-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJayDeeM View Post
I might, I will try. What exactly a poker run?
Ron: You purchase a Poker Hand for $10.00 each. This is a sheet that is used to keep track of the cards that you draw from folks along the trail at each of 5 stops along the way. The winner is the highest hand poker hand from the 5 cards that you drew at the end of the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmanchew View Post
I believe you can camp in shoe creek itself...or maybe search crabtree falls. but it sounds like they are going in from the slick rock end and coming out up in the parking area.

Crabtree Falls Campground Tyro, Virgi...st Kept Secret
Mike: Thanks for posting this up! Yes, we are going in from the bottom/slick rock end.

Tac: I have heard from people that this is a nice Campground. I believe that the campground is closer to the top/end of the trail, but still convenient to the BP on Rt. 29. Were you able to get in touch with them, and are you going to make it?

All: Be sure to RSVP for the event.

Be well,
Richard

Last edited by RichardD; 04-12-2010 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Correction
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
tacweapon
1996 ZJ 

We are actually just going to camp in the woods at shoe creek its just more of what we are used to doing in GWNF. We should be there barring any mechanical problems between now and then.

Unread 04-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
bgsxee
2009 JK Wrangler 

Richard: I am pretty sure Chris is taking care of the RSVP for the SSJ memebers that are attending but I wanted to know since I am trying to head up there Friday and camp with the family if I should still head back out to the BP Saturday morning? Hopefully we can snag that first site over the creek which is big enough for a number rigs if anyone would care to join us.
Unread 04-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacweapon View Post
We are actually just going to camp in the woods at shoe creek its just more of what we are used to doing in GWNF. We should be there barring any mechanical problems between now and then.
Cool, will be great to meet you, looks like you can share the first campsite too. I know how to get there but have no idea what the road names are to give you directions to the lower trailhead. Do you know how to get there? If not, maybe someone that knows the street names will chime in. Did you convince Michael to come with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsxee View Post
Richard: I am pretty sure Chris is taking care of the RSVP for the SSJ memebers that are attending but I wanted to know since I am trying to head up there Friday and camp with the family if I should still head back out to the BP Saturday morning? Hopefully we can snag that first site over the creek which is big enough for a number rigs if anyone would care to join us.
Yep, Chris has ya covered. No, you can just meet us at the trailhead at 9AM, no sense in coming all the way back out to the BP. I think Laura will set up either near that campsite, or just the other side of the creek. I'll ask her tomorrow, and let you know for sure.

Be well,
Richard

Unread 04-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
bgsxee
2009 JK Wrangler 

Good deal, if we should happen to luck into that first spot I will make sure we are out of the way of the staging area for the Poker Run. Or just grab the next spot.
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
RichardD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

OK, just spoke to Laura, if you can get the first site after the creek go for it. She just needs a little space at the entrance to the site is all, there is a small turn off that loops around back to the main trail to the left of the site that we can use to let folks sign in, air down, etc.

Unread 04-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
tacweapon
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
Cool, will be great to meet you, looks like you can share the first campsite too. I know how to get there but have no idea what the road names are to give you directions to the lower trailhead. Do you know how to get there? If not, maybe someone that knows the street names will chime in. Did you convince Michael to come with you?

Be well,
Richard
No I dont think Michael is going to be coming but I am bring another buddy down in his TJ he hasnt been to an organized event before so it should be a great time for him

I have no idea how to get there I have never been there before so I am just going to be following this directions Shoe Creek Directions WITH MAP! - Capital Jeeps Forum

If someone knows the directions or GPS co-ordinates for the lower trailhead or the campsite that would be great

Unread 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
bgsxee
2009 JK Wrangler 

We had a great time, thanks for the invite. It's hard to beat a day on the trails with good people.
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #14
ssjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsxee View Post
We had a great time, thanks for the invite. It's hard to beat a day on the trails with good people.
x2. Had a blast as usual, with a great bunch!!
ssjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #15
MrJayDeeM
2002 WJ 

sorry i didnt make it out there

Quality Auto Paint & Body, Inc.
MrJayDeeM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.