Pictures from Crozet 8/25-26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Pictures from Crozet 8/25-26

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pictures from Crozet 8/25-26

Has a blast at the open wheeling this weekend. Here's some pictures that the co-pilot took while we were wheeling.

Everybody lining up in their groups:

The group I was leading for the day:

We headed straight out for the creek and went through Rocky Ravine, dropping down into the lower creek-bed:

We popped out of the creek right before Boulder Byway and headed over to Slip-n-Slide, then up Ripple Ridge:

Went to Heckler's Hill for a little three-wheel action:

Poser rock for the obligatory photo-op:

The turnout was a little slimmer on Sunday, so I went out with Billy and Rob from Frag-Out Armor, soon to be joined by Rich and John. Boulder Byway presented a couple of problems.

Bubba wondering what the hold up is:

35" tires + stock tie-rod =

Luckily I had a spare on the trail, so it was a simple 20 minute fix. I tried the small waterfall before lower sphincter, but just couldn't do it. Rob went up with a little gusto:

We went over to Endo alley, and the rain from the night before proved to make things difficult. I had to be winched up the left side before I fell over the edge. Rob attempted, but was denied access to the left side as well:

So, he went over to the right side, and with a lot of skinny pedal made it up:

Jay made it look easy in his rig:

At least someone managed to get up the left side:

All in all it was a good weekend with good people. I'm sure some other people have more pictures as well.

Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll put some pics up tonight too. Also got a nice vid of you guys in front of me up hecklers I think.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
I'll put some pics up tonight too. Also got a nice vid of you guys in front of me up hecklers I think.
Cool
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As always Crozet was a blast!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.