Open Air Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Open Air Jeeps

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
KnightJack
1981 CJ8 

Open Air Jeeps

I just wanted to put in a good word for Open Air Jeeps in Virginia Beach. The owner is prior military and definitely works with you. Just dropped my Scrambler there for a couple of items to get fixed. Looking forward to getting my Scrambler up to speed and making these my go-to mechanics for any Jeep problem I can not solve. If anybody has used them in the past please share your experience.

http://www.openairjeeps.com

KnightJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
Spikex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They wanted 3,000$ to put a 4 in lift on my 06 tj. Eastern wanted 2,500$ both prices ridiculous.
Spikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
KnightJack
1981 CJ8 

That does seem high, but that also doesn't sound like OAJ. Zach does great work and their prices seemed on point when they worked on my Scrambler.
Unread 03-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

how do we know you're not OAJ?

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
KnightJack
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4x4xgeoff View Post
how do we know you're not OAJ?

I am just doing something nice for them, since they did good work for me. I also posted this same subject on Military Jeepers and CJ-8 Forums. I support my local mechanic shop.
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJack View Post

I am just doing something nice for them, since they did good work for me. I also posted this same subject on Military Jeepers and CJ-8 Forums. I support my local mechanic shop.

No worries, i"m just givin ya a hard time!

Every once in a while a guy comes on here promoting himself in the 3rd person. Glad to hear you're a genuine person looking to promote a local guy

And welcome to JF

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Tug
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just sent them an email to have a second opinion on something I think the dealer mechanic was hosing me on.

I'm in the market for a good Jeep guy I can trust (and maybe even learn a thing or two from) myself.
Tug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder what they charge for gears...

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
viper21700
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ill vouch for Zach, good enough guy, good prices. I ordered a new engine through him last year and had him install it, did a bang up job. Identified a couple problem areas I needed to address, and kept me informed the whole time even though I was out on deployment (my roomate dropped it off for me) His prices are reasonable, although sometimes you might get it a little cheaper elsewhere, you wont get the same quality. Ive seen him pick up customers jeeps he installed lifts on six months later, and retorque and check every nut and bolt he installed. Thats good customer service. Im pleased to say for VA hes the best Ive seen yet. If your ever down in Daytona Beach FL, check out The Toy Box Jeeps, Pete and Kim run a great shop as well, and they are on par with Zach.
viper21700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ill vouch for Zach. He is a great guy and he will work with you. He hooked me up with an 8.8 from ECGS.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
VACJ5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Zach is a good guy... I have done some custom CNC work for him. Always fair on prices and always working hard over there!

BeachMetalWorks Custom CNC cut Jeep parts & more
VACJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
TrebleHook

1979 CJ7 

I've had my CJ there for a number of things...VERY fair, VERY honest. Jeff and Zach are the real deal...
TrebleHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
KnightJack
1981 CJ8 

Just had Open Air Jeep almost do a complete overhaul on my 81 Scrambler. Jeff and Zach has done a tremendous job and it is running great. This place is hands down the best garage in the Hampton Roads and if you haven't been, you need to. They are working on some really cool classic jeeps and offer the best prices around. I will continue to use Open Air Jeep as my go-to mechanics.

Last edited by KnightJack; 08-23-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #14
elupton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've also had Zach do some work for me; replace front upper control arms and bushings. He quoted me a price up-front, without even seeing the jeep, all via e-mail. I think that's awesome and he's got my business.
elupton is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.