Nov 14/15 - Shoe Creek - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Nov 14/15 - Shoe Creek

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
TJaefick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nov 14/15 - Shoe Creek

Looking to put together a Jeep ride at Shoe Creek, Virginia on the weekend of November 14/15th. Some of us will be camping; some just joining one day or the other. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post meeting times, directions, and places. All are welcome.

Unread 11-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
bluerubicon08
2008 JK Wrangler 

I might could make it on Sunday. We'll be hunting on Saturday.
bluerubicon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
99_green_tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Be careful up there on Saturday, the opening day of rifle season opens up. There will be alot of hunters roaming the mountains then. Just making sure you were aware of that.
99_green_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99_green_tj View Post
Be careful up there on Saturday, the opening day of rifle season opens up. There will be alot of hunters roaming the mountains then. Just making sure you were aware of that.
Agreed!! It might be a little late but there is a lot of private property up there that buts up against the trail. You don't want to tick anyone off as I have read several threads about the locals wanting to close the trail. This time of year we try to only hit the trails on Sunday. If nothing else make sure you stick to the main trail. Most anything off of the beaten path is on private property and illegal. Regardless, it is still a fun trail and one of my favorites. I love crossing the water..
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
TJaefick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm back and I only saw one hunter with his dogs. I camp at Shoe Creek about twice a month and the dogs have been waking us up since early August. Them dern hunters are as much into killing stuff as I am into breaking my jeep! I know the area fairly well and know the "off-limit" areas, although there aren't many out there. It is National Forest after all, and if I don't see a "No Trespassing" sign or some other evidence that I shouldn't proceed, I'm at least going to check it out. Mostly, I crawl the trail from the Shoe Creek entrance, stop to play a a bit on one of the only technical obstacles, Slick Rock, and then head up to the Crab Tree Meadows exit, with few, if any, detours. Makes for an awesome four'ish hour ride through the forest with enough sunlight left over to take the "long way" home on the Parkway.

I love this time of year in the mountains of Virginia!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.