Northern VA Jeep Shop - Recommendation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Northern VA Jeep Shop - Recommendation

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
jeep6380

Northern VA Jeep Shop - Recommendation

Do you guys know any good jeep service shop near Fairfax. It doesn't have to be VA. But near DC/VA/MD area.

jeep6380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
2012Rubicon

There is the Exxon on Vandorin, dude there does awesome work, alot of the guys at the jeep club go to him.

If you havent check them out at:

Novajeepers.net

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
2012Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
wilywillie
2008 JK Wrangler 

There's a place on 50, in Chantilly...here it is, under "offroad shop Fairfax, VA":
http://hightechautoandtruck.com/

I haven't been there in 10 years, but it used to be all Jeep guys working there.

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
There's a place on 50, in Chantilly...here it is, under "offroad shop Fairfax, VA":
http://hightechautoandtruck.com/

I haven't been there in 10 years, but it used to be all Jeep guys working there.
High Tech is a very good shop I'd definately reccomend them
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
jeep6380

Thanks All!
jeep6380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
4x4Cajun
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
High Tech is a very good shop I'd definately reccomend them
++ to that. Jay and Bobby are great. Very easy to work with and knowledgeable. I had them regear my Jeep, no issues and fast work.
2014 JKU Rubicon X, Billet Silver, auto trans, leather, tow package, color matched top and fenders, 430N Nav and remote start. Plus all the stuff that comes with the X package Previous: 2011 Unlimited Sahara, Nav Auto, Rusty's 3.25 Lift Kit, Rug Ridge Bumper, 18 x 9" Pro Comp 7031, 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, XRC8 Winch, 4.88s...
4x4Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
KevinBreeden
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Cajun View Post
++ to that. Jay and Bobby are great. Very easy to work with and knowledgeable. I had them regear my Jeep, no issues and fast work.
Are they reasonable priced on their regear, looking for a shop in Nova to regear my jeep.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm, wish I had known about some of these places before. I usually go to my friend's shop up in Silver Spring, but I've also been down to Independent 4x just outside of Richmond.
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
thurmanator
2010 JK Wrangler 

I always use American Sprayliners they have always done great work
thurmanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

theres an offroad shop on rt 2/ritchie highway just north(or just south??) of 695. avoid this place they have no clue what there doing. yeah any shop can bolt on a lift and turn some wrenches buttt like i said any shop can do that. they have no idea of what correct suspension or steering geometry is. say the word geometry and they would say, "i havent heard that word since 11th grade highschool in 1975". have no clue that suspension and steering is all about geometry. my uncle has taken 3 of his fords(f250 and 2 f350) there and they came out terriable. bolts loose, parts breaking, they installed a 5in lift block on the front axle. all of these three trucks had 8 in lifts and 35s and they never shimmed the axles, didnt even touch the steering, not even a drop pitman arm, never touched the driveshafts. he told them his steering was messed up and they ended up installing 4 steering stabalizers. now my uncle who is also my boss, owns a construction crew and makes great money him self,(i dont). hes the type of guy that carries 5 grand in his pocket and flashes it, spends it, gives it to strippers(on nights he goes one stripper will make more then i do in a month and will pau multiple strippers like this) and does it all again the next day. it took him three wore out beat down trucks to realize the place is a joke. steering boxes, driveshafts and u-joints monthly .in the past 10 years hes had 15 white ford company trucks and all but the 2wd dually tow pig has had 8-10in lifts. he would walk into the place and say i want to lift my truck 8 in. show me what you got and say moneys not a problem. and still end up with junk.... anyways rant over just giving a heads up. i know its kinda far for you but just for anyone future reading, trick trucks would be a million dollar shop compared to this place. there a well known place too... installing and beating down truck after truck
jakecarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.