Newbie - want an easy first run... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Newbie - want an easy first run...

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe

I know the trails are color coded, what would be good for an xj with 3.5 and 32's? I don't really want to mess it up considering its my DD as well.

Sent from somewhere you can't go
The trails are not color coded like hiking paths are. There are very few offroad trails that are legal in Va but shoe creek and big levels are both extremely easy trails that a stock rig can go Down without any problems. But if you have the nerve there are some offshoots and obstacles on the sides that built rigs can play on.

Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ollllloguy View Post
Me and a friend are planning to make a run up to shoe Creek and big levels in October if you want to join us.
I would be up for tagging along if you guys don't mind. Been there several times and its always fun. Let me know the dates and times your gonna go.
jeep11484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Same for me, if money and time permits, I think one of you tried to pm me, it hasn't been working right and won't show me my messages although it always says its full. I don't know.

Sent from somewhere you can't go
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
WAjeeper1292
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hello all, I live in the Yorktown area and I am fairly new to Jeepin since I got my 05 Rubicon in January. I am looking for other Jeepers to meet up with to unleash the full potential of my rig. And like I said, I'm still kinda a newb

Here's a picture of the rig
image-795894464-1-.jpg  
WAjeeper1292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Check us out at www.RCPFA.com
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #21
04ollllloguy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep11484

I would be up for tagging along if you guys don't mind. Been there several times and its always fun. Let me know the dates and times your gonna go.
You got it
04ollllloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #22
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustedWrangler View Post
Check us out at www.RCPFA.com
Already a member! Excellent place to go and highly recommend to everyone that wants a great place to wheel.
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #23
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Id like to tag along as well. Hopefully i can get the jeep ready for it by then. No one around me really works on jeeps and im definitely a noob.
JeepWave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #24
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWave06 View Post
Id like to tag along as well. Hopefully i can get the jeep ready for it by then. No one around me really works on jeeps and im definitely a noob.
I'm more than happy to help you out if I can. I'm not real close but have a garage and all the tools.
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #25
JeepWave06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep11484 View Post
I'm more than happy to help you out if I can. I'm not real close but have a garage and all the tools.
Ive realized that nothing is ever close when living in nova, lol.

Im trying to do a zj tie rod swap + replacing the drag link and steering stabilizer. I have parts on the way but im probably short on the tools and completely noob to jeep work. Im hoping this will cure my current wobble issue too. Ill gladly drive down to get some help.

And again im all for tagging along. Ive been itching to get back into weekend wheeling.
JeepWave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

That shouldn't be a problem. I actually live North of Charlottesville so not too far from you. I am about a 1.5 hours from Fredericksburg depending on traffic and which way you come. Feel free PM me and we can chat or you can text me.
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
bobby1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bald mtn

just joined ths group i am pckin up my first jeep n about 15 yrs on fr and was thnkn about bg levels bald mtn riide just to used to wheeln again lve maybe 20 or 30 mn from bg levels dependng on which end go in maybe we can get a group use to go up there and shoe creek all the time huntn and such alsoneed something easy cause get tred from an ilness so need some breakn time let me know go to ggoogle maps and follow the trail just to see whats there
bobby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
04ollllloguy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Weekend Run Dates

Me and my friend are for sure going to GWNF for our wheeling trip OCT 5(Friday) leaving Alexandria in the evening, should be at camp by 1 or 2am. Oct 6- Wheeling Either Big Levels or Shoe Creek. Oct 7-Wheeling and doing some hiking. Oct 8- Wheeling or hiking in the morning and early afternoon and in the evening head back to Alexandria. Let me know if anyone wants to head up together or meet up along the way.
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ollllloguy View Post
Me and my friend are for sure going to GWNF for our wheeling trip OCT 5(Friday) leaving Alexandria in the evening, should be at camp by 1 or 2am. Oct 6- Wheeling Either Big Levels or Shoe Creek. Oct 7-Wheeling and doing some hiking. Oct 8- Wheeling or hiking in the morning and early afternoon and in the evening head back to Alexandria. Let me know if anyone wants to head up together or meet up along the way.
I was recently told by a friend of mine that went to GWNF that all the trails on the left side of 33 are closed indefinitely now. IIRC that is where all the good trails were (salt shed, devils bath tub, etc). He said they were able to run the trails/access roads on the right side on Second Mtn but that was it. He told me not to waste my time going there if I expected to run anything on the left side. Not sure if its still this way but just a heads up for you. Let us know how it goes.
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #30
04ollllloguy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep11484

I was recently told by a friend of mine that went to GWNF that all the trails on the left side of 33 are closed indefinitely now. IIRC that is where all the good trails were (salt shed, devils bath tub, etc). He said they were able to run the trails/access roads on the right side on Second Mtn but that was it. He told me not to waste my time going there if I expected to run anything on the left side. Not sure if its still this way but just a heads up for you. Let us know how it goes.
Where is 33?

Suggested Threads
  • zj newbie - Virginia Jeep Forum (9 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.