Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New to Va Beach, ?? on enforcement

978 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Motorcharge 
#1 ·
I've got a 2005 LJ. Wife and I enjoy driving to/from trails/beach etc. Like to have top and doors off, tires stick out past Rubi flares about an inch, have H4 headlights, back seat/brackets/rear seatbelts removed. Think I'll have problems with inspections/LEOs?
Thanks

#2 ·
You should be fine around va beach. As long as you don't drive like a total idiot the cops won't say anything. Had my doors off with no mirrors and a cop pulled up next to me at a stoplight. All he said was nice Jeep. For inspections it all depends on where you take it. Some places are anal about it but I found one that is kinda like a lick it sticker.

#9 ·
For VA inspections you don't need to have your wheels covered and the lights aren't an issue. If you have offroad lights they have to be covered if they're higher than the headlights and you can't have more than a certain number below uncovered. I believe it's four. If they're below the headlights they'll be considered foglight and have to pass foglight inspections.

As for the rear, unless you've got the seat in and don't have seatbelts you'll be fine. If both are removed they can't fail you.

http://www.liftlaws.com/virginia_lift_laws.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.