New trail thoughts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > New trail thoughts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
jross8401
2014 JK Wrangler 

Jk New trail thoughts

Hello,

My name is Jon. I just bought my first Jeep. I've wanted one since I was a kid and finally have the means to own one. I bought a 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler. I plan to relocate to a Northern state which is one of the reasons I went with the polar edition. I'm learning I would have been better off buying a base model and building what I really want but it's ok I love my new Jeep regardless.

I am looking at buying a piece of property with some acreage. Originally I was looking for the property for personal use. However I'm learning that there are a lack of ORT that can be legally used. If I can find the right size property that is zoned correctly and challenging enough to get Jeepers and 4x4 vehicle's to come out to I might be interesting in developing a new trail.

My question(s) to you guys is what do you look for in a trail. what do other trails not have that you want. How long of a trail is just right.... I'm looking at properties that rest in the Appalachian Range primarily Va., North Carolina, South Carolina, Tenn., N. Georgia. If you had the choice of a "perfect location" what state would you like to see a new trail?

This isn't a spam email guys. I'm not a company, or organization, or affiliated with anyone else. I'm simply a guy that is enthusiastic about jeeps, off roading, outdoors and most importantly and entrepreneur that wants to build a successful business that I not only love but others will love and I can pass down to my son and nieces and nephews when It's time for me to retire.

Please feel free to add anything that maybe I'm not thinking of. This isnt something that will be complete next week or month. It is going to take time to put together and build it into what my "visual plan" is

Again thank you for your time and I look forward to meeting some of you at your next meet.

Jon Ross

jross8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think your hearts probably in the right place but you're over your head from a practicality stand point. With local governments, environmental issues, zoning, insurance, protestors, ect you'll find you have a very hard time buying land for people to wheel on without it being a real business. Crozet did it for years but even they're running into a lot of legal issues of it lately. It's not as easy as just getting some people together to buy land, clear it and let people wheel on it.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
jross8401
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I think your hearts probably in the right place but you're over your head from a practicality stand point. With local governments, environmental issues, zoning, insurance, protestors, ect you'll find you have a very hard time buying land for people to wheel on without it being a real business. Crozet did it for years but even they're running into a lot of legal issues of it lately. It's not as easy as just getting some people together to buy land, clear it and let people wheel on it.
Thank you for your response. I am most definitely not looking for a group of people to get together and buy a piece of land, and definitely am not looking to do things half way. The purpose for my questioning the "community" is to get all ideas and the full spectrum before I settle on a piece of property. With all due respect in regards to the in over my head comment......maybe I am in over my head.....but in a good way. I don't need assistance or financing with purchasing the property, or monetary help with the construction end. Where I'm over my head is with the wheeling knowledge....which is why I'm reaching out for ideas from folks who have had this a a hobby/sporting event for some time and can help with their experience. Once I get through zoning, city/county ordinances, work with local municipalities, complete an noise pollution report, with a plan to minimize noise pollution for neighboring properties, soil pollution reports, traffic influx issue, traffic flow control........and many many other things....the list goes on....
I should be well on my way to running a legit park. This may take 24 to 36 months to complete and this "reaching out" is the first step. Next step will be going out to scout properties and physically seeing some land.
I will be traveling through Tenn., W.VA., Va. and,N.Car. from 11.29.13 - 12.9.13 I've arranged to meet with a few folks already and would apreciate any further support that anyone can offer. Thanks ahead of time for your support.
Oh, forgive my ignorance.....you referenced Crozet...Who/What is that?
jross8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
b0b11
2006 LJ Wrangler 

http://rcpfa.com/
b0b11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.