New to Area (Fort Lee) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > New to Area (Fort Lee)

Borla Exhaust presents "Climber" at EJSTactical Recovery Equipment Soft Shackles!!!Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
Anschutz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

New to Area (Fort Lee)

Hey guys,

I'm at Fort Lee for the next four months and am looking for a 4x4/Jeep type store in the Richmond area and also some fellow Jeepers. I need Shocks ATM and if I can save on shipping that would be just awesome. Thanks.

-Zach

Unread 02-27-2015, 05:49 AM   #2
JK505
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm not from that area but I have a few buddies I wheel with who are. I'll ask around for you. I know a lot of online stores have free shipping if over $75-$100 which you'd easily make with any shocks.
JK505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 06:10 AM   #3
Anschutz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was able to find a temporary solution (Rancho 5000s) at a local parts house. When I lift it at the next tire change (25k miles or so) I'll put Bilsteins or better on it. I just needed a shock as mine has basically started to fall apart. Thanks.
Unread 03-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
Grand98
1998 ZJ 

Hey man, I live in Colonial Heights, not far from you. Two that I'm aware of and have had any dealings with are: Brian Allens Truckoutfitters and Mincz Tire. They aren't too far from you. Truck Outfitters is on Hull Street and Mincz is off of Midlothian Tpke.
Grand98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Motorcharge
Not Banned

1991 MJ Comanche 

Mincz is a brodozer shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #6
Grand98
1998 ZJ 

I know the guys at Mincz and they do good work. I work at Priority Toyota and we get lift kits for our Tundras and Tacomas from them. They are good guys and sell quality parts and accessories. But then again, so is the guys at Brian Allen's Truck Outfitters. I have personal experience with them, as they assisted me with my lifted ZJ.
Grand98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
Motorcharge
Not Banned

1991 MJ Comanche 

They're fair and they're not overpriced but they're also the kind of shop that will slap quadruple steering stabilizers on your steering instead of setting it up properly. They're more of a mall crawler shop than offroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.