New to the area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > New to the area

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New to the area

I'm going to be moving to Williamsburg from IL soon and I want to find a Jeep club or group out there. Is anyone in the area know of any? Someone gave me a link to this website(http://www.mpjai.com/vbulletin/index.php) and it says im forbidden lol

Also since I've never hit the trails out there, I'd like to see what Virginia has to offer soon

I'll be getting out there Oct 22 so maybe a week or so after that I'd want to meet up with some fellow jeepers to get to know the area.

Jeepnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im from norfolk and theres a few jeep clubs around here, check out "no bs just jeeps" and VBJeepers. were about 45 mins from williams burg but if we ever go wheeling we have to go right through there lol.
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

lol oh okay, sounds good! is there any places in virginia beach to go wheelin or only in mountains? whats the closest place?
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
Spladow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

shoot on down to the Outer Banks (OBX). I got family down there and cruisin the beach is always fun. im in the NC mountains and its like a 8-9 hour drive to OBX but always fun if your into fishin, surfin, etc. weather aint too cold yet either
Spladow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepnation View Post
lol oh okay, sounds good! is there any places in virginia beach to go wheelin or only in mountains? whats the closest place?
in hampton roads theres nothing legal unless you know someone with private land, obx is fun to drive on the beach, if you go to corolla theres some trails and all but the closes rocks will be up in the mountains atleast 3 hours away. shoe creek is the closest, if you run 75-80 mph the whole way it takes right at 2.5 hours but we generally make it 3.5, then theres the gwnf about 4-4.5 hours, also crozet theres a few other good spots up there but it wont be an everyday trip kind of deal around here
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spladow View Post
shoot on down to the Outer Banks (OBX). I got family down there and cruisin the beach is always fun. im in the NC mountains and its like a 8-9 hour drive to OBX but always fun if your into fishin, surfin, etc. weather aint too cold yet either
Damn, sounds fun! I'll definitely have to go there and cruse the beach with the Jeep. Thanks man
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-joN View Post
in hampton roads theres nothing legal unless you know someone with private land, obx is fun to drive on the beach, if you go to corolla theres some trails and all but the closes rocks will be up in the mountains atleast 3 hours away. shoe creek is the closest, if you run 75-80 mph the whole way it takes right at 2.5 hours but we generally make it 3.5, then theres the gwnf about 4-4.5 hours, also crozet theres a few other good spots up there but it wont be an everyday trip kind of deal around here
When I get out there I'll have to keep in touch with you for when you guys go out there. Once I get all settled I want to hit the trails out there and see what the east coast has to offer do you guys do alot of winter wheelin?
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepnation View Post
When I get out there I'll have to keep in touch with you for when you guys go out there. Once I get all settled I want to hit the trails out there and see what the east coast has to offer do you guys do alot of winter wheelin?
deffinatly, if you want i can pm you my number or FB so it will be easier to get in touch with me. i havent done many hard trails, im more in it to just get out in the backcountry. but yea we try too, but the difference in trying and actually doing is a little stretched haha.
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

There's also http://hrjc.org we're a pretty good size club and do runs pretty regularly. O haven't been able to make a run but have been to several events and club meetings. Good times.
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-joN View Post
deffinatly, if you want i can pm you my number or FB so it will be easier to get in touch with me. i havent done many hard trails, im more in it to just get out in the backcountry. but yea we try too, but the difference in trying and actually doing is a little stretched haha.
awesome man thanks! I'll pm you my fully name so you can find me on FB. I'm not one into too difficult things either because my Jeep in my DD. I'm looking forward to some back-country trails
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Jeepnation
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
There's also http://hrjc.org we're a pretty good size club and do runs pretty regularly. O haven't been able to make a run but have been to several events and club meetings. Good times.
alright thanks man, do you guys have meet and greets?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.