Moving to Richmond Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Moving to Richmond Area

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Moving to Richmond Area

I took a job here and I'm moving up from Charlotte, NC. Currently building a house in mechanicsville. I'm looking for other jeeple and some trails to wheel. I'll still roll down to Uwharrie and to Harlan from time to time but I need a regular spot to wheel and people to wheel with. Are there any clubs or groups that get together around here? My rig isnt anything speacial. Its an 05 TJ unlimited Rubi on 35s with an nth degree lift, recovery gear etc. Like most mine is a work in progress. I need to regear it, disect the venders and put tubilar ones on it then try and stuff 38s under it. We'll see...

anyways if YOU are in the richmond area and wheel let me know becasue I wanna tag along.

Unread 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow I can NOT spell.
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

RCPFA is a club out of Crozet that wheels on privately owned land. You can either go to an Open wheeling event and wheel as a non-member, or you can go to http://www.rcpfa.com and register on the forums. Then pay $26 to become a member for a year, access the members area of the forum, and post a date you are going wheeling! Only requirements are that you go on a open day (usually only one weekend a month is closed), and at least two rigs are going. The nice thing about Crozet is you have a ton of trails and obstacles all within a ten minute walk from the staging/camping area. There is not as much "fear" about breaking down on a trail 12 miles into the middle of nowhere. Banjo music in the woods unnerves me.

The next open ride is Aug 25-26th. PM me if you want to go, I'll be going and would be glad to show you around.

If you want to ride some fire roads and such, George Washington National Forest offers a few trails that aren't completely boring. Research Big Levels and Shoe Creek to start with. The problem with the forest trails in VA are that anything "fun" is often times private property or national wilderness, and as such is illegal to run.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
borkap
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Just signed up on the forum. I wheeled with a guy from Roanoke this weekend at Harlan Ky and he pretty much echoed your post. Hi name is Shane he has a black XJ on 35s. Not sure if you know him or not but he was very cool and helped me replace the stuff I broke on the rock garden. I am for sure interested in going if you dont mind me tagging along.
Unread 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, he was at the EOD Wounded Warrior run. I think his username is "unibuddy".

I'll be there on the 25-26th, yellow LJ Rubi on 33" km2's. Say hey! If you want to go up just for a day, i'll be there with a few people on the 12th also. You'd have to register and pay the $26 if you wanted to wheel that day, though, as it isn't an open day. Hit me up on the RCPFA forum.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.