Midlothian State Inspection? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Midlothian State Inspection?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 12-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Midlothian State Inspection?

Last time I got my jeep inspected the dealership made me drive home put the spare on and get a third brake light added.. I see other people in the area with no tire, no 3rd light.. Where do you guys go to get the inspection?

Unread 12-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
RUparrothead
1980 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
Last time I got my jeep inspected the dealership made me drive home put the spare on and get a third brake light added.. I see other people in the area with no tire, no 3rd light.. Where do you guys go to get the inspection?
There is no law stating you have to have a spare. They were trying to make you buy a tire and rim.

OH - I'm not from Midlo - but my in-laws are. They live right off of Lucks Lane.
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
RedKnight
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Third brake light makes sense... But the spare doesn't!
RedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unless they carry 35"s I don't think they are gonna be selling me any tires :-)

Yeah, the light makes sense, but lots of jeeps don't seem to have it.. I'm going to be getting a treks rear bumper with a set of lights I'm going to wire up for the third brake light. But the tire carrier is expensive.
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
E1wood5150
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06
Va state law states that passenger vehicles built after 1985 must have a 3rd brake light. If you've removed it, you are in violation and the car won't pass inspection. Consider yourself lucky that they didn't slap a rejection sticker on the windsheild and make you pay for another inspection.
MORE TO COME!
E1wood5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Codylol
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Damn I'm gonna be honest I've seen like three or four driving up and down midlothian turnpike without tire carriers on! That law makes sense but I've seen so many... especially as of late!

P.s. I need more midlothian jeepers to wheel with!!!! :0 I only have two Jeep friends right now! Lol
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 View Post
I am a Virginia state inspector.

Yes, you must have a 3rd brake light unless it was not equipped with one from the factory.

Spare is not required.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Old thread but, my Jeep wont pass because i have a fuel cell. It throws no codes, the emissions is still in tact, and last time i checked you can replace your fuel tank. Obviously the guy doesnt "get" it, or doesnt care to ask. It has passed before. Also, my frame has been modified, so WTF do I do now?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.