JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/)
-   -   Midlothian State Inspection? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/midlothian-state-inspection-1300143/)

RVA_TJ06 12-11-2011 04:46 PM

Midlothian State Inspection?

Last time I got my jeep inspected the dealership made me drive home put the spare on and get a third brake light added.. I see other people in the area with no tire, no 3rd light.. Where do you guys go to get the inspection?

RUparrothead 12-11-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 (Post 12657862)
Last time I got my jeep inspected the dealership made me drive home put the spare on and get a third brake light added.. I see other people in the area with no tire, no 3rd light.. Where do you guys go to get the inspection?

There is no law stating you have to have a spare. They were trying to make you buy a tire and rim.

OH - I'm not from Midlo - but my in-laws are. They live right off of Lucks Lane.

RedKnight 12-11-2011 06:39 PM

Third brake light makes sense... But the spare doesn't!

RVA_TJ06 12-11-2011 09:49 PM

Unless they carry 35"s I don't think they are gonna be selling me any tires :-)

Yeah, the light makes sense, but lots of jeeps don't seem to have it.. I'm going to be getting a treks rear bumper with a set of lights I'm going to wire up for the third brake light. But the tire carrier is expensive.

E1wood5150 12-14-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06

Va state law states that passenger vehicles built after 1985 must have a 3rd brake light. If you've removed it, you are in violation and the car won't pass inspection. Consider yourself lucky that they didn't slap a rejection sticker on the windsheild and make you pay for another inspection.

Codylol 01-16-2012 06:19 PM

Damn I'm gonna be honest I've seen like three or four driving up and down midlothian turnpike without tire carriers on! That law makes sense but I've seen so many... especially as of late!

P.s. I need more midlothian jeepers to wheel with!!!! :0 I only have two Jeep friends right now! Lol

Tippyman 01-16-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVA_TJ06 (Post 12657862)

I am a Virginia state inspector.

Yes, you must have a 3rd brake light unless it was not equipped with one from the factory.

Spare is not required.

JJeeper09 04-17-2013 11:53 AM

Old thread but, my Jeep wont pass because i have a fuel cell. It throws no codes, the emissions is still in tact, and last time i checked you can replace your fuel tank. Obviously the guy doesnt "get" it, or doesnt care to ask. It has passed before. Also, my frame has been modified, so WTF do I do now?

The time now is 06:52 PM.