may 19th - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > may 19th

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Reply
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
Tippyman
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 217
Are you planning on starting on the north or south side of shoe creek?

If you are doing big levels later in the day, then the bottom of shoe creek would be best, as you could exit at the top, and go to big levels from there. I would do it (and have done it) in this order:

Shoe Creek Bottom @37.788081,-79.102936 to->
Shoe Creek Top @37.830395,-79.084225 to->
Big Levels (Skyline Drive entrance to trails) @37.912784,-79.072723 to->
Big Levels (Exit at Coal rd.) @37.9832,-79.073753

Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
XJsportG
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippyman View Post
Are you planning on starting on the north or south side of shoe creek?

If you are doing big levels later in the day, then the bottom of shoe creek would be best, as you could exit at the top, and go to big levels from there. I would do it (and have done it) in this order:

Shoe Creek Bottom @37.788081,-79.102936 to->
Shoe Creek Top @37.830395,-79.084225 to->
Big Levels (Skyline Drive entrance to trails) @37.912784,-79.072723 to->
Big Levels (Exit at Coal rd.) @37.9832,-79.073753
Big Levels (Skyline Drive entrance to trails) Should read Blue Ridge Parkway Entrance to Trails

Skyline Drive Ends North of I64 @ Afton Mountain. South is Blue Ridge Parkway
__________________
Central Virginia Jeepers | RVA Rock Crawlers

Virginia
PM me for Maps and GPS Coordinates!
XJsportG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
Hey thanks for the coordinates i haw always wanted to mark the trails. Were going to camp on the north side of shoe creek in the meadows hopefully and run it south. Hopefully fish along 56 and then hit big levels. I like to stop at the 2 stores along the way to say hi to the people and check on things
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
Tippyman
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJsportG View Post
Big Levels (Skyline Drive entrance to trails) Should read Blue Ridge Parkway Entrance to Trails

Skyline Drive Ends North of I64 @ Afton Mountain. South is Blue Ridge Parkway
I always called it skyline drive, oops! Thanks for the info yet again.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
Tippyman
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-joN View Post
Hey thanks for the coordinates i haw always wanted to mark the trails. Were going to camp on the north side of shoe creek in the meadows hopefully and run it south. Hopefully fish along 56 and then hit big levels. I like to stop at the 2 stores along the way to say hi to the people and check on things
Talk to the guy who posted above you. He's the one who gave me the info.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
My mistake, thank you!!!
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
Treton
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buckingham, Virginia
Posts: 369
who all will be going through lovingston to get there?
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treton
who all will be going through lovingston to get there?
I can come that way if you way but we'll be heading up late Friday night
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #24
Treton
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buckingham, Virginia
Posts: 369
yeah the quickest way for me is the run all the way up 56 from rt60 to lovingston and get on 29 there
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
I'll pm you my phone number and we can plan a time and where to meet next month sometime. I
Hope the weather is noce
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Treton
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buckingham, Virginia
Posts: 369
Sounds good. Hope fully we will be regeared and have the fiberglass repaired by then
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
Tippyman
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 217
Me and a couple friends may be up for shoe creek the 19th. Not interested in big levels again, but we may be down for shoe creek if my buddy has his lift on in time.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #28
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippyman
Me and a couple friends may be up for shoe creek the 19th. Not interested in big levels again, but we may be down for shoe creek if my buddy has his lift on in time.
Awesome
Just let us know. We hope to have a good group
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
Jon-joN
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: norfolk, Virginia
Posts: 324
Bumpidy bump. Anyone else?
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
Jeepnation
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 91
There has to be more people wanting to roam the mountains on National Topless Day, come on guys!
Jeepnation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.