Lynchburg, VA Jeeprs. I Need Hotel Recommendations. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Lynchburg, VA Jeeprs. I Need Hotel Recommendations.

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lynchburg, VA Jeeprs. I Need Hotel Recommendations.

Hey guys, i know Jeep hasn't officially annouced Camp Jeep. but according to Oak Ridge estate and the Camp Jeep 800 #, it is tenatively planned July
25th-27th.

I have never been to the Lynchburg area. but i would like to go ahead and make a hotel reservation, just to be safe. i am looking for a double room that is not fancy but clean, since this will be a family trip, not a guys trip kinda thing. i am sure you guysknow what i mean by that. i would like to get a room for $60 to $80. a swimming pool would be great after a hot day at Camp Jeep, but its not a requirement.

i did see that the Travelodge has a good rate, the pictures look good. but it has mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.com. i am looking at hotels and reviews on that website but i would like to hear for someone that actually lives or has stayed in the area.

thanks guys!

05 WK Laredo
4.7, 4wd......exhaust and gps coming soon!
NCJEEPFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Mrcln1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

From my experience most hotels in the area run in that range. I would try the Holiday Inn Select Downtown but I'm not sure if they have a pool and it's downtown away from the Restaurants and entertainment. I personally am not very picky and The Timberlake Motel has everything you need and it's "fairly clean" with a small pool. It's also right off 460 for easy access to 29 and cheap as they come, around $55 a night if i remember correctly. Little outdated and nowhere near spotless but cheap and convenient. far from the best but ok.

Good Luck,

Mrcln1

Black Jeep Society
Mrcln1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the one and only reply! i have made reservations at the Sleep Inn, it was rated one of the best in Lynchburg on Tripadvisor.com. and from what i understand its a fairly new hotel.

but for the money i check out the Timberlake. thanks again.

05 WK Laredo
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
pthrift
2013 JK Wrangler 

i've been in that sleep in; it seems like a nice place...but i haven't stayed in it though...just going by looks of lobby and the front desk help..
Unread 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
Mrcln1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Timberlake is bare bones accommodations. Everything you need with none of the thrills and a pool.

Good Luck.

Mrcln1

Black Jeep Society
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome guys, thanks. i called the Timeberlake, talked to Richard and i got a room for 3 mights for $57 a night!

thats almost half of what the Sleep Inn was going to be. plus the Timberlake has a pool. i think that will be nice after the long hot July days at Camp Jeep.

thanks again!

05 WK Laredo
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #7
Mrcln1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's a little outdated but I think you'll like it just fine. I was surprised at what it offered for the money. My room had a fridge, microwave, and whirlpool tube which are hard to find at most hotels these days. Hopefully I'll see ya at the event.

Later,

Mrcln1

Black Jeep Society
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #8
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

as long as its clean, we'll be fine. the Fridge and pool were a big concern of mine. it will be nice to come back from the heat and jump in the pool to cool off. we'll be in a TJ w/ no A/C!!!!

05 WK Laredo
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Mrcln1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The rooms I have gotten were clean. Coulda used some paint and touching up but clean. lol
How do you survive N.C. summers without a.c.???

Mrcln1

Black Jeep Society
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
NCJEEPFAN
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcln1 View Post
The rooms I have gotten were clean. Coulda used some paint and touching up but clean. lol
How do you survive N.C. summers without a.c.???

Mrcln1
i switch off w/ my wife driving the TJ and our Expedition. most days , it sucks!

05 WK Laredo

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.