Looking for Recommendations in Hampton Roads, Va - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Looking for Recommendations in Hampton Roads, Va

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Stag
2008 JK Wrangler 

Looking for Recommendations in Hampton Roads, Va

I have a 2DR 2008 Rubicon. I would like to have a lift installed. Can anyone recommend a shop? Thanks

Stag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
04ollllloguy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My friend had a 4" lift put on his 05 sahara at eastern truck and auto on va beach blvd and was pretty expensive and ive heard other people talk about how expensive they are as well cuz ur just payin for the name. i heard Pungo offroad in va beach was a nice place though. there is another one on va beach blvd called Hi Dust if i remember correctly havnt heard anything about them though.
04ollllloguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
KnightJack
1981 CJ8 

Open Air Jeeps in Virginia Beach. Just dropped my 1981 Scrambler there for a couple of items. The owner is prior military and definitely works with you. These are my go-to mechanics for any Jeep problem I can not solve.

http://www.openairjeeps.com
KnightJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Stag
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the information.
Stag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJack View Post
Open Air Jeeps in Virginia Beach. Just dropped my 1981 Scrambler there for a couple of items. The owner is prior military and definitely works with you. These are my go-to mechanics for any Jeep problem I can not solve.

http://www.openairjeeps.com
Do they work on "closed air" Jeeps as well? I might have to find out!

Also, I need to get my A/C recharged after changing the evaporator. Any suggestions where in Newport News/Yorktown area to go? I just moved here so I really don't know what's around.
PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have heard nothing but bad reviews about all the 4x4 shops in the HR area. Pungo does shotty work, ETA is overpriced. Open Air Jeeps is the only one that has had nothing but good reviews. I have yet to hear a bad review about them. All the guys that I know that take their Jeeps there have given great reviews.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
jbonney
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Starr motors

Dont forget about starr motors in suffolk!!!
jbonney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I have heard nothing but good things about Island Off Road. They are in NC right before you cross the bridge to go in to the Outer Banks.

http://www.islandoffroadobx.com/
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
tuc
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hahahahh mr bonney ya had to post up your shop does great work but alittle far for me, to the OP there are alot in the area pungo offroad, production offroad, eta, open air and i think a few others

pungo- is cheeap and there tech seen mindless and just turn wrenches
production- id say is good
eta- is the main shop i go to there tech all seem to generally know what they are doing/talk about. they are expensive but their quality of work is top notch
open air- they are fairly new, i think. i havent heard anything bad about them but them again i dont know anyone that has got work done by them
star motors- havent had anything done by them with the exception of them checking my cat, (that i thought had gone bad) before i hit the 80k warrenty. but i have done business with the service manage, and talked with him several times the shop he runs is very good and being a dealership i believe they waranty there work alittle better

so i'd say eta or star motors

jbonney are the pics from offroad day 2010 ever going to hit the website
tuc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
jbonney
2005 LJ Wrangler 

pics

they put them on our facebook page i have a disc witha copy of them. Also we have Starr Motors off road club on meetup .com and there are pics there
jbonney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
vanickcook
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used to deliver parts to this one place out in chesapeake called twisted deisel always throw lift kits on trucks. i dont know but if they can throw lift kits on trucks they can throw lift kits on jeeps.
vanickcook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
KennedyYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

New Shop

There's a new shop opened up Rory & Son Transmission And Driveline in Virginia Beach. We specialize in transmission and driveline work but are in no means limited to that. We do it all from performance, 4x4, general automotive, fabrication, etc... We are also opening up new dealer accts every week with places such as Blue Torch Fab, Poly Performance, 4x4groupbuy, Transamerican Wholesale, Gen-Right and more. If your looking for parts or need any work done feel free to contact us anytime or stop in.

James Kennedy & Rory Kennedy
Rory & Son Transmission And Driveline
176 Mac Street Virginia Beach, VA 23462
757-490-6600
KennedyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.