July 21st OBX run at Corolla - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > July 21st OBX run at Corolla

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

July 21st OBX run at Corolla

July 21st
Day at the beach at Corolla
Pretty much anyone is welcome, family event, pot luck style food. This is also on CherokeeForum for any XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ/WK guys that may be wondering if it's the same event (it is). Already have a bunch of people interested and committed to going between CF and HRJC. Open to all makes and models of 4wd vehicles.

If leaving from VA- Meet up at the border staion at 8am that morning, caravan down to Corolla, spend a day on the beach, drive behind the dunes - basically have a day of fun.

If coming from NC, just meet us out there unless you're coming along the same line we VA guys are.

Anyone else interested? If so, put down what you can bring (grill, food -what type, paper products, canopy, drinks, etc)so we can keep it organized.

NO_RDPLZ: table, canopy, grill
Jon-joN: canopy, drinks, food dish (unsure what)
blackhawk51: cooler, drinks
DaddyGreenGenes (CherokeeForum): grill, venison burgers
luckyAD80 (CF): **undecided**
northline76 (CF): **undecided**
XJsportG (CF): **undecided**
757xj97 (CF): **undecided**

Last edited by NO_RDPLZ; 05-21-2012 at 07:01 AM..
NO_RDPLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Count me in, I can bring a canopy, drinks, and a food dish, unsure of what to bring yet. It's a ways away so keep me posted
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
blackhawk51
1976 CJ5 

If I can swing it, I'll be down there. I'm usually down every weekend since my girlfriends family owns a house in Corolla and one of my good buddies owns a house in Carova. Depends on what is going on that weekend. If I am able to attend though, I'll be sure to bring a cooler of refreshments
blackhawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
VA-WJ
2000 WJ 

D’oh!!!! I hate that I will be missing this event since I am down that way just about every weekend except this one!!! Take lots of pictures guys!! Will there be a reschedule if there is rain?
VA-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

depends on how bad of rain. If it's not too bad, we'll just keep it planned (worked last year), but if it's supposed to be a pretty crappy day then yes, we'll reschedule.
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
blackhawk51
1976 CJ5 

As it goes it right now - I'd like to be there but I highly doubt that I'll have my Jeep. I'll either be driving my buddies Jeep that lives in Corolla or my F150. I'd still like to come and meet some fellow Jeepers though!
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

all makes are welcome, so please, whether you've got the Jeep or not, come on down!
Here's a combined list from here and CherokeeForum:
NO_RDPLZ +1: table (2), canopy, grill, benches (2)
DaddyGreenGenes (CF): grill, venison burgers
luckyAD80 (CF): utensils, snacks, coolers
northline76 (CF): **undecided**
Jon-joN: canopy, drinks, food dish (unsure what)
blackhawk51: cooler, drinks
XJsportG (CF): **undecided**
757xj97 (CF): cooler, drinks, small grill
Red82 +1 (CF): sides, table
KotaKid287 +1 (maybe) (CF): drinks, tater/macaroni salad (+1 bringing buns, chips)

We've got 28 people coming from Hampton Roads Jeep Club as well, so this should be an awesome get-together!
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
ncjeeper98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If things work out, I will try to get that way. I will keep a check on the thread.
ncjeeper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
blackhawk51
1976 CJ5 

As of today I am no longer able to make it down, my family is moving back to VA from Louisiana so I will be home spending time with them. Sorry about the late notice! Take plenty of pictures and enjoy yourselves!
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
NO_RDPLZ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

alright, as it sits we're gonna have quite a few people, so rather than jam up at the Border Station, those of us in the Hampton Roads area are gonna meet up at the Sam's Club off of Battlefield Blvd in Chesepeake, VA. We're leaving there at 7:15am sharp to try to avoid some of the OBX traffic. if you can't/don't want to meet up with everyone there, we'll be pretty hard to miss driving down teh road. We should be passing the Border Station at about 8:15ish; turning onto RT12 north around 9:15am, and then getting to the beach between 9:30-9:45am, all depending on traffic.
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
VA-WJ
2000 WJ 

Did anyone take pictures at the event? I missed this one.
VA-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.