Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Inaugural United Four Wheel Drive Association Wheel-in

3K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  J&J 
#1 · (Edited)
OK folks, here's another chance to wheel at Oakridge Estates in Nelson County Virginia, the site of Camp Jeep Virginia. Thought I would post the dates so those that might want to come can mark their calenders now. This will be April 10th, 11th, and 12th '08. Registration is open. This will be more than your average trailride. 17 trails ranging in degree of difficulty, but don't worry there are bypasses, so you can run it with a stock 4WD. I will add that the trails are very tight for full size 4WDs though. This will be an all brands 4WD event, and non United members are welcome too. Fun and crafts for the kids, vendors for the parents, great raffle prizes, and a concert and barbecue dinner Saturday night. There will be no onsite camping, but camping is available nearby (scroll down to the first UPDATE). You can follow the thread with the latest info here and download the ad in the first post too: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=1471.0
Registration opened officially 5 days ago, here's the link. http://www.ufwda.org/memberapps/wheel_in_2008.php It's $105.00 for non UFWDA participants. A shirt and a meal ticket are included for the person that registers. They haven't determined the cost for additional meal tickets or shirts yet for passengers, but it should be very soon.

Be well,
Richard

See less See more
#2 ·
United Wheel- In FAQ's

Hey again folks, took this from the United Forum, thought that it might help. If you have any questions, just post, pm, or email me, if I don't know the answer, I can find out. Hope to see you there.

Be well,
Richard

Q. How can I register?
A. On line: There is a registration on the website.
Mail: You may take the registration out of the forum and mail it into the office.
Telephone: You may call the office and register with our Administrative Officer, the number is 1-800-44ufwda.

Q. Where can I find my UFWDA member number if I do not remember it?
A. You may email the Membership Director at membership@ufwda.org

Q. Do I need my UFWDA membership number?
A. Yes, there is a discount for members and you will need to have your number to register.

Q. What methods of payment can I use?
A. Credit Card: you may use a credit card on the website, on the phone or you may use it with the mail in registration.
Check: you may send in a check with your mail in registration.
Money order: you may send it in with the mail in registration.

Q. What is the registration deadline?
A. The deadline for the registration is March 18, 2008

Q. Is there a limit on the number of vehicles allowed?
A. Yes, there is a limit, but they haven't made a final decision on the number yet.

Q. What does the registration fee cover?
A. It covers the driver of the vehicle. It will include a t-shirt and meal ticket for the driver only.

Q. How can I purchase additional meal tickets and t-shirts for passengers?
A. You may purchase additional meal tickets or t-shirts on the registration form with the mail in registration.
If you register on the phone you may purchase the additional items with the office manager.
If you sign up on line, you may purchase the items on the store website, but not just yet. You can register now and get additional items later on.

Q. Are children allowed?
A. yes

Q. Can I bring coolers with non-alcoholic beverages or outside food to the event?
A. yes

Q. What is going on the first day of the event and when should I arrive?
A. Registration will begin on Thursday the 10th of April at 4:00 p.m.. There will be vendors set up and activities for the kids.

Q. Where can I stay that is close to the site?
A. We will have a thread about accommodations listed in the Wheel-in post.

Q. Where is Oak Ridge?
A. It is located in Nelson County Virginia, near Lovingston/ Shipman.

Q. What's the weather like in Nelson County, VA. In the middle of April?
A. The high temperature is typically in the mid to upper 50s. I'm sure the weather will be perfect for the Wheel-in.

Q. What are the Oak Ridge trails like?
A. The Oak Ridge trail system consists of 42+ miles of trails located on private property in Nelson County, VA. There are creek crossings, steep hill climbs, and a few rock climbs. There is very little mud (unless it rains, then watch out) The trails are fairly easy with some harder obstacles sprinkled throughout the trail system. Camp Jeep has been held here 6 times. Please note Oak Ridge is private property and does not allow open wheeling.

#3 · (Edited)
We just registered, and were number 80, after only five days. I can't wait, wheelin' at Oakridge is always a blast!

Be well,
Richard

#4 ·
UPDATE: There will be camping

Alrighty, You CAN camp at the Wheel - In, well close to the Wheel - In. There's a camp site that's now open very near the site. $10 per tent per night.

This is primative camping, trucks with trailers are good, but motor homes aren't gonna make it down the road to the site. Gregg Jackson has been kind enough to set this up.

Please E-MAIL gajackson@comcast.net to reserve a spot. He will collect the money at site.

The campsite is located in Shipman, which if you went past the estate from the staging area, followed to the stop sign, make a right and it's 1/4 mile down the road another right to the camp site. I will send out actual directions once we get closer to the event.

There will be portajohns, and there's a well there for washing water. It's pretty much a cow pasture, but most sites are shaded all day, and its out of the way. No problems with camp fires as long as there's not a fire ban.

Be well,
Richard

#5 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Extra Meal tickets and Event T-shirts are available.

They are $15.00 each of either item on the UFWDA Store Page http://www.ufwda.org/store/ Scroll down to Upcoming Products at the bottom of the page and simply click on which thing you would like. It will add them to your shopping cart. The meal tickets or Wheel-In shirts will not be mailed to you. You can pick them up at Registration when you get to the event. Anything else you order will ship to you.

Still no word on the actual vehicle count cut off. I would suggest that you register as soon as possible.

Be well,
Richard

#6 ·
Bump... and question. Got my UFWDA registration in the mail when i registered online for Wheel-In, #116. Are there going to be separate packets mailed out before the Wheel-In, or is it show up with your number and get it there?
Thanks!

#7 ·
They aren't going to mail out packets, you just show up with your number and get it there.

Be well,
Richard

#8 · (Edited)
Registration is still open

BUMP

Thought I would let folks know that registration is still open, so if you wanted to go, you can sign up now.

I should also add that $30.00 of the $105 for non United Members is for your membership for the UFWDA for the year.

Registration on site opens on Thursday April 10th at 4PM, there will be Vendors that afternoon, but you can show up on Friday morning, but you best be there in plenty of time to get your paperwork done. ;)

Be well,
Richard

#9 · (Edited)
Raffle!

There are going to be 3 Raffles all together, 2 free ones just for attending on Thursday and Friday nights and 1 that you buy tickets for on Saturday. I thought I would post a few of the items that have been put together for the Saturday raffle so far. Realize that this is a partial list!

Warn - Power plant: it's a new item at Warn Industries that is an air compressor and winch combination.
Pullzall: It's a portable winch system.
Wireless Remote for a Warn Winch
Accessory kit

Streamline Imports - Titan Exhaust Air Jack Systems

Goodyear - 5 sets of Goodyear tires, and no, that's not a typo, I said 5!

Quadratec - Bestop - soft top and seats, Trail max pros

Rustys Offroad - JK Kits Suspension kits
TJ Wrangler Suspension Kit
4 different kinds of skid plates

4wd Hardware - Gift certificates

7 Slot Grills - Gift certificates

Superlift - Gift certificates and 3 one day passes to the Superlift ORV Park in Arkansas

Registration closes March 18th, or sooner if it's fills up, so don't wait.

Be well,
Richard

#10 ·
Wheel - In Schedule

Registration is still open

Here's the schedule for the Wheel - In as it stands now.

Thursday: 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. Check in for participants
4:00 - 9:00 p.m. Vendor area open for participants

9:00 p.m. Free raffle winner announcement

Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Trail rides
4:00 - 9:00 p.m. Vendor area open for participants

9:00 p.m. Free raffle winner announcement

Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Trail rides
4:00 p.m. Vendor area open for participants
5:00 p.m. Catered meal for participants
6:30 p.m. Raffle
9:00 p.m. Concert starts
12:00 p.m. Concert and Wheel-in ends

Sunday: United Four Wheel Drive Associations 4wd Awareness Class

* Food vendors will be at the Vendor area during the evening operation hours.
* Raffle items will be given away Thursday and Friday night for free! When you check in we will place your name in the hat and draw at the end of those evenings as scheduled. They will be large raffle items and will not take away from the final raffle on Saturday. The raffle items that appear in the raffle post will be given at the final raffle on Saturday night. Raffle tickets will be sold for the Saturday evening raffle.
* The only food available on Saturday evening will be the pre-ordered catered meal. A kettle corn vendor will also be available during the vendor hours and also during the concert on Saturday night. They will have drinks available during the concert as well.
* Schedule is subject to change before the event

See you at the Wheel-in! We can't wait!

Be well,
Richard

#11 ·
Registration ends Tuesday, March 18th

Just a few more days before registration ends!!!!! DON'T MISS A GREAT TIME.

Be well,
Richard

#12 · (Edited)
Registration Deadline Extended, Find out why

I just learned of this Friday and figured I should pass it along.

Be well,
Richard

United Four Wheel Drive Associations will be extending the deadline for registration to the Wheel-in to March 24, 2008

UFWDA has had several questions from members who are concerned about Camp Jeep and the return to Oak Ridge. I think it is safe to say that Camp Jeep will not be returning to Oak Ridge in July 2008. I am not an executive with Daimler Chrysler, however, I imagine it is too late to get an event of that size together in a few months.

In order to best serve our members and to give them an opportunity to wheel at Oak Ridge, we will extend the registration. UFWDA wants to give all of our members and non-members the opportunity to attend the event who may have been waiting to hear about Camp Jeep. UFWDA understands the concerns with the members about vacation time etc. and does not want them to miss an opportunity for an event that is probably not occurring this summer.

Thanks
Marti Pugh
UFWDA Manager, Business Development & Operations

#13 ·
The Wheel-in Registration will close on March 24, 2008

The Wheel-in will not come back to Virginia for a long time, Don't miss your chance to go to a Wheel-in event close to you!

The Wheel-in events will move around the globe, and it's hard to say when it will be back in Virginia.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

Be well,
Richard

#14 ·
5 Days left!

Anyone else coming besides Redmanchew, scotch740 and I?

Be well,
Richard

#15 ·
Wheel - In Weather Forecast

as of Friday afternoon:

Wed
Apr 9

Few Showers

High 72°
Low 53°

Chance of rain 30%

Thu
Apr 10

Few Showers

High 75°
Low 54°

Chance of rain 30%

Fri
Apr 11

Isolated T-Storms

High 72°
Low 44°

Chance of rain 30%

Sat
Apr 12

Partly Cloudy

High 68°
Low 43°

Chance of rain 10%

Sun
Apr 13

Showers

High 67°
Low 47°

Lets hope it improves just a little. A bit of rain isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it keeps the dust down.

Be well,
Richard

#16 ·
I'll be there.
It's raining pretty good here right now.
I only live about 20 min. from Oak Ridge.

I wonder how much it will dry out before the event.
Sound like the temps will be perfect.

I've been waiting for this all year, should be fun!:thumbsup:

#17 · (Edited)
I live about 45 minutes Southwest. Been raining pretty much off and on all week. I am wondering the same thing, the trails are fairly easy to moderate for the most part, but if they're wet it'll be a whole nother ballgame.

Be well,
Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.