Hey Southwest VA Jeepers! Need a good shop near me... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Hey Southwest VA Jeepers! Need a good shop near me...

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
skydiver30960

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Southwest VA Jeepers! Need a good shop near me...

I'm living in Staunton, near Harrisonburg VA (milemarker 222 on I-81). I have a new-to-me 99 TJ. It's been a long time since I drove a Jeep OR a stick, so it's entirely possible I'm just hearing Jeep noises, but I've started hearing more and more humming, but I don't know where from. Tranny? Rear end? Who knows? I'm not feeling any real strong vibrations, just the noise.

At first, I decided "it's just Jeep noise." Then I decided "hmm, something might be wrong, but I don't know how to diagnose it, so I'll just run it until it breaks, then I'll know what's wrong!" Now, I'm thinking that getting it checked out might save me big $$$ in the future.

I know nobody can diagnose it from sitting in front of your computers. SO... does anybody have any suggestions for a shop near me that would be able to help me handle this, someone who really knows their Jeep stuff? I went to my trusted shop down the street and they remarked that they could hear the humming but that they didn't know what it was and "we don't do that kind of thing," apparently they're just more of a "tires and more" kind of place.

I'd prefer to find someone in my stomping grounds, i.e. Rockingham, Augusta, or Albemarle counties, but would be willing to travel further if it was worth the trip. Thanks!

Ike aka the "just got it, don't want to break it already" guy

skydiver30960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.