Hey guys! Somewhat new here. Roanoke, VA reporting. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Hey guys! Somewhat new here. Roanoke, VA reporting.

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys! Somewhat new here. Roanoke, VA reporting.

I bought this Jeep a few weeks ago and unfortunately have lots of plans for it, but I can already tell the Jeep acronym is accurate... I've already noticed lots of unexpected things that are going to have to be replaced or repaired along the way, so I've already started emptying my pockets.

I definitely want to hit some trails with this rig but I'll be the first to admit that I don't have any intentions of ever making it geared more towards trails than daily driving... Not intentionally, anyway. It's my only vehicle at the moment, and I drive it every day to and from work. I want it to be comfortable enough to do my regular road trips in, and as economical as possible to get to and from work on the daily, but I'd also like to be able to get her a little dirty on the weekends and have some fun from time to time. If that makes me a mall crawler, so be it. The little money that I make is already being stretched as far as I can stretch it, and I can't see myself getting thousands and thousands of dollars worth of parts anytime soon.

Anyway, here she is:

She gets kind of shy at times..

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Real nice looking jeep man. I'm just down the road in Christiansburg but I have family and friends in Roanoke and am down there all the time as well for work. Another buddy of mine here on the board is RU-Kered. He lives in Roanoke as well and has a Black TJ of similar build level to yours. You should check out Star City Crawlers. That is a local club based out of Roanoke that generally gets people out to wheel a good bit. Lots of folks with a large variety of skill levels and rigs from stock to trail only. I usually try to fit in at least one ride a month or so. I'd be happy to meet another jeep guy in the area. Matter of fact, I will be down in Roanoke this Monday helping Derek (RU-Kered) put on a new rear tire carrier. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to try to swing by and BS, just have a beer, or whatever. If not, I'm sure we can get hooked up sometime on a trail ride or something. Here's my jeep in case you see me around Roanoke:

Unread 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm right there with you man. I took a loan for $5000 and bought a jeeep for $3000 then I put on a 2.5" lift, some 31" bfgs and started getting the engine smoothed out. Guess what. I'm out of money and the thing still looks like a bucket of bolts. Mine is also a daily driver, and I can not afford to break any parts. At least not yet. I do however want someone who wants to play in the mud and maybe climb some hills. I know a good litttle spot in Troutville that is a lot of fun but I can't really get into the mud until I have another rig to pull me out if I get stuck. If you are interested in getting together and getting muddy let me know and we can meet one weekend.
rock.jpg  
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I never saw that anyone had responded after my last post! Sorry guys! You all have nice looking Jeeps for sure! We should definitely meet up sometime!

I'm trying to score a winch from a friend of mine. I almost pulled the trigger on one about a month ago and I had a lot of unexpected expenses come up. Now that's the least of my worries, but he was talking about giving me a winch.. sooooooo... can't turn it down if he's serious!
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
Unread 08-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well hello there, remember me
Unread 08-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
BigRigoTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hit up the trails near JMU. Heard they are sweet. Also Edinburg va up north on route 81 has a good 6 mile trail up a mountain.
Unread 08-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
usarmyavn
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! My wife and I just got to Blacksburg and I've been looking for some folks to go wheelin with. I live on the Blacksburg/Christiansburg line and work on Campus with the Army ROTC Department. Seems hard to find any trails around here though. I'll have to look into the Star City Crawlers deal...
usarmyavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
cedxc2005
2004 WJ 

Greetings all,

Very happy I found this thread! I'm going to school at VT in Blacksburg and recently stumbled across this forum. Even more recently, I found this thread. Much like the OP, I have a Jeep (04 WJ in this case) as my only vehicle. As such, I would like to go out on some trails, but nothing that would require modifications or serious expenditures. A couple of years ago, my friend took me (in his modified XJ) out on a trail somewhere near campus, but I forgot exactly where.

In any case, I am definitely interested in going on some trails with other Jeepers in the Blacksburg area. I would go as far north as Roanoke, and as far south as Claytor Lake. Let me know if anybody is interested or if you know any trails in the area. Thanks!
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd even be interested in doing a meet and greet sort of get-together even if we didn't get together to wheel.. I'd drive to Blacksburg or where ever. I'm all for getting a bunch of Jeep's together
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #10
BigRigoTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I'd even be interested in doing a meet and greet sort of get-together even if we didn't get together to wheel.. I'd drive to Blacksburg or where ever. I'm all for getting a bunch of Jeep's together
This should be a must! Anyone wanna take lead on getting a meet together?
Unread 09-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rigo, I think a weekend trip to GWNF is in need?
Unread 09-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
cedxc2005
2004 WJ 

GWNF...?

I'm game for weekend trips so long as they don't interfere with Hokie football - I've got season tix. I'll keep checking this thread for updates.

May I suggest lunch/dinner at a restaurant in Blacksburg (like PK's for those who know the area?). I would like to go wheeling at some point though. Generally I am free Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays ('cept for home football games) and Sundays.

EDIT: GWNF = George Washington National Forest?

Last edited by cedxc2005; 09-06-2010 at 03:28 PM..
cedxc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #13
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedxc2005 View Post
GWNF...?

I'm game for weekend trips so long as they don't interfere with Hokie football - I've got season tix. I'll keep checking this thread for updates.

May I suggest lunch/dinner at a restaurant in Blacksburg (like PK's for those who know the area?). I would like to go wheeling at some point though. Generally I am free Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays ('cept for home football games) and Sundays.

EDIT: GWNF = George Washington National Forest?
Likewise! That's what I was thinking... A lot of other groups that I've seen in other states have get togethers for lunch or dinner together. Nothing like seeing 20 Jeep's parked together in the restaurant parking lot when you pull in
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Id be down for a meet up but damn...blacksburg is a hike from manassas for me
Unread 09-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #15
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Id be down for a meet up but damn...blacksburg is a hike from manassas for me
If I'm ever able to afford to re-gear I wouldn't think twice about coming to Manassas for a meet&greet. Right now I'm pulling my hair out on minor inclines! lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.