Happenings middle of may - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Happenings middle of may

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaTj04
Yeah I have a good amount of fishing gear, my dad and I like to go fishing in the James river, Chesapeake bay, and off out into the Atlantic. I'm in the middle of building a "trailer tent camper" I hope to be done soon, when it's done I'd sure like to join you guys, sounds like tons of fun. Do you guys cook the fish at camp you catch that day?
We have done so many times. It's one of my favorite meals. And that sounds awesome on the tent trailer idea, have you ever heard of the overlander jeep? The guy has a tent on a fold out roof rack thats like a 8 man tent that pops up top of the jeep

Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
TonkaTj04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah that's kinda like what I've got in mind for my trailer, I want to have a storage box compartment and then above it have the tent that can fold out and set up high off the ground.

Here are a few that I've looked at that look awesome!
image-973459405.png   image-608237560.png   image-786329103.png   image-1035603578.png   image-2837342074.jpg  

image-3512535309.png

Yellow Jeep Club Member #18
ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
TonkaTj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dude those are awesome. I really like that idea and would love to see yours when it's finished. Just an idea to check into, ide use a pintle hitch instead of a ball, just for the added movement while towing it when offroading to a camp spot. Just an idea to look onto
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
TonkaTj04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Deff, I'll take all the advice I can get. Lol
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
TonkaTj04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A pintle Hitch, is that just a ball hitch that has a clamp on it?
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #21
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

On the trailer side it has just a loop and on the car end it has a hook with a clamp on top to keep the loop on.
image-583323866.jpg  
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They are much stronger than a standard ball mount but that's not really needed on a tiny trailer, they do make noise when stoping/ starting because they are loose in between the loop and hitch but that allows them to move all over the place while wheeling but still stays true behind you while on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.