Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hampton Roads

40K views 393 replies 65 participants last post by  fayceoff 
#1 ·
Anybody in the Hampton Roads area? Just got my CJ7 yesterday, little work to do but not too bad.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the invites guys, I am definitely down to go or even do mod days. I have a few projects that I have to get done on this thing just to get it to pass the state inspection, nothing major though. I have to replace one of the front lights, fix the windshield wiper switch so I get those working and it should hopefully pass. I am getting ready to order a new skyjacker 2.5" lift and wheels/tires for it this week since the old shocks/leafs are pretty much shot. The current wheels are way to close to the springs and the tires have almost no tread. Only problem with a 37 year old vehicle is that it has probably been 6 or 7 peoples project and who knows what they have done with it.

I was chasing a ground in there this weekend so I pretty much ripped out the stereo the guy had installed. I found wires taped together with scotch tape, no telling what else I will find in there.

#9 ·
Have you all made reservations at Wheeling for Hope, at Oak Ridge the last weekend in April? 200 Jeeps split into groups of abt. 10; best trails in Virginia, for $100 per vehicle. HIGHLY suggested if you have at least a small lift or a Rubicon, but most of the really technical spots have a bypass!

...and Tidewater Fourwheelers is always a big part of it!

#12 ·
Two more Va Bch here...

Attachments

#13 ·
Nice rides! Just put new wheels and tires on yesterday. Just got new leafs and shocks delivered yesterday, hopefully going to get them on next weekend. No plans for wheeling for at least two months, have to get this thing to be a daily driver first.

#16 ·

Chesapeake, VA Beach, and Norfolk here. Welcome to the Jeep community! I am 99% sure I have seen that CJ7 somewhere in the Greenbriar area recently but there's no telling!

#19 ·
By the way....anyone interested in trying to get a "On the road" road trip together? I was thinking this summer of maybe just doing a run on pavement to see some sites and make it a weekend. I thought it might be fun having a dozen Jeeps together going down the road....easy rider.

#22 ·
I would be down for that. I was thinking a good trip down to Corolla in OBX would be nice. Take a Jeep group out there and drive out to a good spot on the beach. I did it before with some friends and its nice to park on the beach, grill out, drink, play corn hole, bring the dogs etc. Would be lots of fun and its nice to have other 4WD's in the area in case anybody is stuck.

#21 ·
Still good to hear from someone interested. Looks like Jeepers just think the road is made for motorcycles! :hahaha: .....and I've been a Jeeper for years so I think I can say that seriously.

#23 ·
Just put the suspension on this weekend. The old one looked like it was made for a 3/4 ton pickup. Had a total of 8 leafs in it that was almost flat and super heavy duty. New ones have 5 leafs and are Rancho softrides with Rancho 9000 shocks. Even though my leafs now have less in them, I gained a little over an inch in height with the new suspension. Also went ahead and got the drum breaks adjusted. Swapping shackles, putting in an HEI, oil change, new battery holder, new lugs and cleaning up some wiring this coming weekend. Hopefully be able to pass a state inspection and get this thing to the beach!

#26 ·
[QU
OTE=jdhaas3;15206890]I would be down for that. I was thinking a good trip down to Corolla in OBX would be nice. Take a Jeep group out there and drive out to a good spot on the beach. I did it before with some friends and its nice to park on the beach, grill out, drink, play corn hole, bring the dogs etc. Would be lots of fun and its nice to have other 4WD's in the area in case anybody is stuck.[/QUOTE]

Where's corolla in obx? I admit I'm slow.:confused:

#27 ·
[QU
OTE=jdhaas3;15206890]I would be down for that. I was thinking a good trip down to Corolla in OBX would be nice. Take a Jeep group out there and drive out to a good spot on the beach. I did it before with some friends and its nice to park on the beach, grill out, drink, play corn hole, bring the dogs etc. Would be lots of fun and its nice to have other 4WD's in the area in case anybody is stuck.
Where's corolla in obx? I admit I'm slow.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes its in OBX, pretty much have to go south and when you hit the strand then you make a u-turn and go all the way back north. its a great driveable beach.

#28 ·
When you cross the Sound on 158/168 coming in, take the road north through Southern Shores, etc, and follow it to the end = Carolla beach. Easy to find, but road is almost all 25mph, with lots of slow tourists...
It's open to OHV year round, unlike Nagshead and KDH, which are open off season.

#30 ·
jdhaas3 said:
Where's corolla in obx? I admit I'm slow.:confused:
Yes its in OBX, pretty much have to go south and when you hit the strand then you make a u-turn and go all the way back north. its a great driveable beach.[/QUOTE]

Drove it two years ago! I love it. Lol, just took forever to get to the end of the road to access te beach hahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.