Gwnf Clean Up Day! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Gwnf Clean Up Day!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

Exclamation Gwnf Clean Up Day!

for more info on this u are more then welcome to join our website just click the link below. hope to see everyone in the area out there...

Meetup Description: With all the rumors and reports going around about certian areas of George Washington National Forrest being closed down and negative backlash about the off road community I thought it would be a great idea to try and organize a local trail clean up. I plan on posting this up on several local Jeep and Off Road clubs and forums and in conjunction with RCPFA to try and get a lot of support from the Off-Roading community. I was thinking on focusing on the SaltShed/Dry River area since that is the area that gets trashed the most. It would be great if we got enough of a turn out to hit all the trails down there.
We have 1-800-Got-JUNK that have committed two trucks for us again and will haul all this away. They also will be contacting the media for some press stuff. We are also in talks with VDOT to get large orange trash bags.
We will also need some trucks and trailers to help haul stuff out and for extra room(the got junk trucks will only hold so much)
We are looking to do this March 21, 2009-Saturday, close to Spring time, before the area gets hit hard again with traffic.
I know it seems like a never ending battle--clean it up and its trashed again with in a few weeks time, but we need to do what we can to preserve our local spots before they dissapear. This may seem like a drop in the bucket but every little bit helps. Hey we all play down there so we all should help how we can.
PLEASE BRING A PICKUP TRUCK IF YOU OWN ONE INSTEAD OF YOUR JEEP TO HELP HAUL STUFF OUT
We will be doing this along with Va4WDA and a bunch of other clubs. Lets get out there and show up in great numbers.

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The USDA Forest Service has an official cleanup day on April 25 this year. Contact me, and I can tell ya more. This is official. I mentioned this 21st cleanup to Mark, the head honcho at the north River Ranger District, and he had no clue what was happening. Then he told me about the official clean up day, and gave me some info about it.

Also, I was at Rocky Run last Sunday, and someone is already starting to cleanup. I say take a bag of trash out every time you wheel down a trail, and you won't be having these kinds of issues.

For what its worth, some trails over by the dam have been picked up some, according to a forest ranger I chatted to on the trail the other day.
Unread 02-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

well this is info i got from another group.. there are maybe 4-5 different jeep groups that will be attending.. we jsut found out about and it figure i'd spread the word..

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
Unread 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have heard that there willl be about 10! i'll be their for sure, its only a little over a half an hour away from me. Im also going to go up to salt shed this weekend to have a look. (I need some pics for a brochure im doing)
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

cool.. hope to see u there.. our group will wearing our trail dog shirts... and u cant miss the jeep.. but it will have a new look.. maybe i will get to test it out just a little bit...

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
Unread 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

this still going on...what time and where do you want to meet up at?
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

yes.. i will be at the sheetz on rt 33 getting gas at 9am.. then were going to meet at the old food lion parking lot at 10...

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ok...i'll try to make it, I might go in the back way, less of a drive for me. Going the back way, flagpole is only about 6 miles of trail. I'm not that fimiler with harrisonburg, so I don't know where the old food lion is, but i know that sheetz; its the one just after you get off 81 right?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.