Flagpole Knob - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Flagpole Knob

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
jeepwk10
2010 WK 

Wk Flagpole Knob

anyone one who is familiar with flagpole Knob near harrisonburg va. I was wondering how tough the trail is. I have a stock jeep grand cherokee (wk) and was debating whether it would be suitable to run this trail.

Thanks for any feedback

jeepwk10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
yamifj1200
1997 ZJ 

Xj

I have been up to Flagpole knob via Skidmore fork road this time of year and the road on the backside of the mountain will be covered with 3-4 inches of thick ice in places. I don't suggest going alone, it (was) is a long walk out to help.. If it wasn't for the "Western Va. four wheel drive club" my old truck would still be up there..

Eric M
yamifj1200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
jeepwk10
2010 WK 

Yeah i would agree that this time of year would be pretty rough. I have been down skidmore fork by switzer dam but not that far past the creek crossing after the concrete bridge.
jeepwk10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
b0b11
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you'd be much safer going up by briery branch / hone quarry (state route 924).

the skidmore fork road gets very little sun during the winter, so ice builds up.

after the thaw, any way up is fine with a stock truck / suv.
b0b11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Oatman199

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I'm heading down to flag pole this Sunday (August 18, 2013) head out of Woodbridge va and arriving around 9am in Harrisonburg. But if anyone wants to tag along especially someone that knows the trails your more than welcome to tag along we have never been to flag pole so new to the trails. Thanks alot. Email me at oatman199@gmail.com if your interested in going or if you have any suggestions for directions haha. Thanks
Oatman199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
Phantom6090
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatman199
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I'm heading down to flag pole this Sunday (August 18, 2013) head out of Woodbridge va and arriving around 9am in Harrisonburg. But if anyone wants to tag along especially someone that knows the trails your more than welcome to tag along we have never been to flag pole so new to the trails. Thanks alot. Email me at oatman199@gmail.com if your interested in going or if you have any suggestions for directions haha. Thanks
How was it.
Phantom6090 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
kedynskrow

Sorry I missed it. Was raining all day today, but was looking for something to do. Saw this post a bit late.
kedynskrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.