JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Virginia Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/)
-   -   Flag Pole Run, Saturday, August 6th (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/flag-pole-run-saturday-august-6th-1245860/)

RustedWrangler 07-28-2011 09:27 PM

Flag Pole Run, Saturday, August 6th

Anyone up for a run up the Flag Pole trail in GWNF? I am going and would be happy to have some company.

Flag Pole is basically a dirt road, the few obstacles on the trail have a work around for stockers if needed. Great vistas and a good time.

I will arrange a meeting time based on what people want to do, but generally meeting in Harrisonburg around 9 or 10 am works pretty well.

Post up any time preferences and we will go from there.

RustedWrangler 08-05-2011 06:15 PM

Ok a group of us are meeting at the old Food Lion in Harrisonburg at 10 am. The address is:

924 West Market Street, Harrisonburg, VA.

The trail is fun and stocker friendly so come and have a good time.

fromme 08-09-2011 04:15 PM

It is a much better time than going to the lame Shoe Creek trail. Worth the extra time it takes to drive to Harrisonburg.

RustedWrangler 08-09-2011 09:17 PM

It was a good time. 5 of us had the trail all to ourselves. Funny how so many people ask for places to wheel etc., but no one from jeep forums was in the group.

I'll post up again next time, but I gotta say I am not convinced that many of my fellow jeepers actually do much jeeping!!

YoungCrawler30 08-13-2011 09:01 PM

Hit me up when u wanna wheel some more. I just got back from flag pole. Love the trail but not very challenging

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

XJsportG 08-13-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustedWrangler
It was a good time. 5 of us had the trail all to ourselves. Funny how so many people ask for places to wheel etc., but no one from jeep forums was in the group.

I'll post up again next time, but I gotta say I am not convinced that many of my fellow jeepers actually do much jeeping!!

Looking to have a ride up to big levels sept 9th-11th. There is a thread(another shoecreek run) but we aren't going there anymore. Also check the Central Va sticky at the top for more info.

lynskynbnd 08-16-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromme (Post 11994307)
It is a much better time than going to the lame Shoe Creek trail. Worth the extra time it takes to drive to Harrisonburg.

I thought Shoe Creek was a fun place to go. What's lame about it?
I havn't been there yet.

I have been to Meadow Knob/Flagpole Knob many times. Good times!

XJsportG 08-16-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynskynbnd
I thought Shoe Creek was a fun place to go. What's lame about it?
I havn't been there yet.

I have been to Meadow Knob/Flagpole Knob many times. Good times!

It is fun, just a lot smaller trail compared to others and mostly just a rocky road. But it's still pretty fun. After a good rain fall it'd be a little trickier imho.

Oatman199 08-16-2013 02:13 PM

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I'm heading down to flag pole this Sunday (August 18, 2013) head out of Woodbridge va and arriving around 9am in Harrisonburg. But if anyone wants to tag along especially someone that knows the trails your more than welcome to tag along we have never been to flag pole so new to the trails. Thanks alot. Email me at oatman199@gmail.com if your interested in going or if you have any suggestions for directions haha. Thanks

The time now is 12:46 PM.