Flag pole knob - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbredefe
Sounds great. are you planning to camp friday night up there? I'd be happy to camp up there aka I have the gear. I have also read on here some people talking about this $5 pass for peters mill / taskers gap: I am guessing that is DIFFERENT from flag pole? I'd love to do shoecreek as well but dont want to overstay my welcome. I've run it once before.
Yeah, we will be camping Friday night, feel free to join. And feel free to join for whole weekend, on Saturday we are trying to go tubing or kayaking at Massanutten on our way to Shoecreek. We will camp and then run Shoecreek Sunday before grabbing a brew at one of the brewery.

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM
lbredefe
2009 JK Wrangler 

That sounds great. I will plan on meeting up Friday night then.

I work marketing for a beverage distributor so wild wolf brewing company in nellysford is a great spot, among some others in the area. If you'd like to see the brewery floor, I could most likely get us in as I know the ownership/management well.

You guys want me to bring any particular type of beer?
post #18 of 27 Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 PM
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
That sounds great. I will plan on meeting up Friday night then. I work marketing for a beverage distributor so wild wolf brewing company in nellysford is a great spot, among some others in the area. If you'd like to see the brewery floor, I could most likely get us in as I know the ownership/management well. You guys want me to bring any particular type of beer?
Good deal - A floor your would be pretty cool. As we get it the "itinerary" more solidified I'll let you know. Should be sometime this week.

As for beer, whatever you fancy!

KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies

post #19 of 27 Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 AM
lbredefe
2009 JK Wrangler 

based on my modest budgetary constraints, I will probably see friends in staunton on saturday after we finish camping/wheeling flag pole, than meet you guys at wherever you want to camp at shoe creek, or at the entrance if you plan on camping down the trail a bit. there are several extremely remote camp sites just off the trail perhaps 100feet. I say remote because they are extremely hard to get to.

I'll attach some photos of the one i "discovered" at shoe creek in the next post.

plan.jpg
post #20 of 27 Old 05-05-2014, 07:57 AM
lbredefe
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here is us at shoe creek last year. I found this camp site right at the edge of the trail up a very steep incline. this is looking down the incline. I was unable to find any photos that show the campsite. this is earlier on in the trail where there is a bit of buffer on each side. my understanding is as you get farther along towards the turnaround point, that private property abuts both sides of the trail.

pi1t.jpg

photo-1-1-.jpg
post #21 of 27 Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Black01jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

My wife and I are going to try and make it up to flag pole and maybe a few others trails in the area. I'm pretty novice to rocky areas. I live in south central VA, just mud and trees here. We did peters mill/Taskers gap last year and had a good time. Any suggestions on other trails in that area? We're planing on going a couple of days the last week of May. NO camping for us, haven't been able to get the wife to camp yet, still trying. lol

Sent from my jeepjal's iPad
post #22 of 27 Old 05-16-2014, 08:14 AM
lbredefe
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black01jeep View Post
My wife and I are going to try and make it up to flag pole and maybe a few others trails in the area. I'm pretty novice to rocky areas. I live in south central VA, just mud and trees here. We did peters mill/Taskers gap last year and had a good time. Any suggestions on other trails in that area? We're planing on going a couple of days the last week of May. NO camping for us, haven't been able to get the wife to camp yet, still trying. lol

take a few minutes and read through this thread

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/sto...il-629418.html
post #23 of 27 Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Black01jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
take a few minutes and read through this thread http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/sto...il-629418.html
Thank you for the link. I'm Jeepjal on wrangler forum and JK forum. Hope to meet up with some of you in the future.

post #24 of 27 Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 PM
lbredefe
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nick, any updates on plans for this trip? would be great to cement it into my schedule.

cheers.
post #25 of 27 Old 05-19-2014, 01:59 PM
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Wk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbredefe View Post
Nick, any updates on plans for this trip? would be great to cement it into my schedule.

cheers.
Can you PM me a good email address? Thanks.

KHAKI CLUB #65
post #26 of 27 Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM
jondoe297
2004 WJ 

I hit Shoe Creek this past weekend and am looking forward to my first run to Flagpole Knob. Anyone going in the next few weeks?
post #27 of 27 Old 05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe297
I hit Shoe Creek this past weekend and am looking forward to my first run to Flagpole Knob. Anyone going in the next few weeks?
Going this next weekend to both.

KHAKI CLUB #65

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.