engine work needed in charlottesville - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > engine work needed in charlottesville

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
mdyorg
1999 WJ 

engine work needed in charlottesville

I have a 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo and need some serious engine work. Will either need a rebuild/replace broken parts job or will be a new/rebuild engine dropped into my jeep. Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

mdyorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
mdyorg
1999 WJ 

Also, to give a couple details about the issue it has.... There is a loud clicking noise from start to turn off that gets louder with the increasing rpms. The people at two dealerships did not make any statement about what they thought the issue was and stated they could do a trial and error repair but that was about it and when went to my mechanic, was told that there was a bad ball bearing in the engine and the only way to fix it was to put in a new/rebuilt engine or take out, take apart, and replace bad parts as rebuilding the current engine. I know either way, this wont be cheap but got a great deal on the jeep and kinda factored in this expense when deciding to buy it. Thanks again
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Treton
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Trial and error work from a dealership sounds like begging for problems.
Treton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
mdyorg
1999 WJ 

Really just looking for the best (fair priced and quick) shop in or near charlottesville to have the work done cause today we took off the valve cover and all the rockers and rods were good and in proper placement so it appears a new/rebuilt engine is what is in store for me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.