Closest fishing/off-roading to norfolk,VA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Closest fishing/off-roading to norfolk,VA

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 10-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
agear
1984 CJ7 

Closest fishing/off-roading to norfolk,VA

I'm getting my jeep ready for the trails. Can anyone tell me where there are some fairly challanging trails and a fishing spot in very close proximity to eachother and as close as possible to norfolk, va. , norfolk is basically on the coast. thanks ,
adam

1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Um, not anywhere near here. I know of some very mild trails/fireroads with some decent fishing but thats 4 hours away. The only challenging trails in va would be crozet. Anything in GWNF you can do stock unless there is snow on the ground
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
agear
1984 CJ7 

what general area are the mild trails and descent fishing in ? How close is the fishing to the trails ?
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

About 30 minutes west of harrisonburg there is switzer lake off of rt 33. It is a gorgeous lake and there is decent trout and small mouth fishing there. It is at a trailhead/entrance to the flagpole knob forest rd/trail. Very mild wheeling, however there are a few decent climbs and one big*** rock at the top that is legal
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
agear
1984 CJ7 

Cool ! thanks
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Jon-joN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

check out shoe creek, its a stocker friendly/ very easy trail but theres a few fun spots for us modded rigs. also there is really good camping spots up there thats all free in crabtree meadows. if you go about 10 mins down hwy56 theres good trout fishing in the north fork and tye river. a little spot we always seem to catch fish at is the cub creek bridge thats about 20 mins down the road from the trail. if your intrested in taking a trip up there sometime let me know, im in norfolk also btw, by the airport. it will take about 3.5 hours to get there, more or less depending on stops. its right by charlottesville/ wintergreen ski resort
Jon-joN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.