(Central VA) Metro Richmond - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > (Central VA) Metro Richmond

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #451
Nimitz
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2169 View Post
I work there. Not trying to sound biased or cocky, but I used to work at Firestone and Complete puts them to shame both work wise, and honesty wise. Come by and see me. Ask to see Tim and tell him Mike C told you to come in. We'll get you all fixed up.
Not knocking CA, I love those dudes. I'll def hit you up if I ever need to take the jeep in. I'm getting to the point where I can do most everything myself (within reason.)

P.S. awesome Tool quote in your sig. That's my favorite album.

Nimitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #452
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimitz View Post
Not knocking CA, I love those dudes. I'll def hit you up if I ever need to take the jeep in. I'm getting to the point where I can do most everything myself (within reason.)

P.S. awesome Tool quote in your sig. That's my favorite album.
Thanks man. I love working there. Tim, Ben, and Jason are all good, honest dudes that know their ****. Anytime you need anything that you can't handle on your own let me know.

My favorite album as well by the way.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh**s.
chevy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #453
shoreshack
2001 WJ 

hey there, was just going to try to put on a 2" BB + shocks. (havnt bought yet) I was going to go to take it to 4wd specialty to get it done($$$$), but is there any of yall that has a lift/done it before that might want to help?

Last edited by shoreshack; 01-04-2013 at 02:57 PM..
shoreshack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #454
schultzie
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreshack View Post
hey there, was just going to try to put on a 2" BB + shocks. (havnt bought yet) I was going to go to take it to 4wd specialty to get it done($$$$), but is there any of yall that has a lift/done it before that might want to help?
I'll be relocating to the area in the next couple of months and would be more than willing to help you, but I'm sure you don't want to wait.

I changed my last set of shocks on my lunch hour in my office parking lot using a Hi-Lift. UPS had just delivered them.

The spacers and springs are a bit more time consuming with just hand tools, but the installation is still pretty straight forward. Spring compressors come in pretty handy if you treat them with respect.

It would be a good idea to get an alignment pretty soon after the installation. Also, make sure your control arm busings are in good shape, or you will likely enter the wonderful world of death wobble

Good Luck,
Richard

Edit: the above may not apply to a WJ
HEAVY (5080 lbs) '06 LJ (aka: Carla) - 33.0x10.5x15 BFG KM2's;Savvy 1.25" body lift, Savvy 1" motor mount lift, ZJ V8 front springs; Moog CC623 (Caprice wagon) rear springs; Daystar 1 1/2" front spacers; Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks; Currie front UCA's, LCA's, & Currie fr. track bar, Savvy Al rear UCA's, Currie rear LCA's; Savvy Al UA (tummy tuck), Lockrite D30 fr. locker, Mountain Garage NP231HD w/JB Conversions SYE, Tatton double cardan rear driveshaft, Novak shifter linkage; Savvy Al gas tank skid; Brooks Custom Concepts rock rails; Bestop HighRock front bumper (junk); Dirtworx rear bumper/swingout; Four X Doctor F&R diff. guards; Currie front LCA skids, Currie HD steering, Currie antirock fr. sway bar; Tuffy security drawer, Warn 8000 winch, and more than 200 lbs of tools and recovery gear.
schultzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #455
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreshack View Post
I'll help you. Bring it by my house and we can do it in the driveway. It isn't too difficult. PM me if you still need help. 4wd on broad street isn't a very reputable shop from what I hear, and from my experience talking to them.
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #456
kdiacont2010
1993 YJ Wrangler 

And they are WAY overpriced.. I went in there and told them exactly what I wanted bc I had done my research and he tried to convince me I needed to buy a overpriced lift and tires.. needless to say I walked out with his quote and laughed
kdiacont2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #457
sadtaco

New member here! I live in Chester, VA and I'm trying to sell my 2008 Tacoma. I have a buyer looking at it tonight. I'm looking to get into a JK as soon as I sell my truck **fingers crossed** I'll keep you guys posted

-Ben
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #458
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadtaco View Post
New member here! I live in Chester, VA and I'm trying to sell my 2008 Tacoma. I have a buyer looking at it tonight. I'm looking to get into a JK as soon as I sell my truck **fingers crossed** I'll keep you guys posted

-Ben
Is it a 4 door tacoma? I'd be interested...
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #459
sadtaco

It's a 4-door access cab, not a double cab. Still lots of room though
jftruck1.jpg   jftruck2.jpg  
sadtaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #460
manganos

Figured I'd stop in and say hi. I live in Dinwiddie and have a 2000 TJ with a flexy little lift and 37" IROKS. It is a Sahara with front flat fenders and lots of "character flaws" You might not see me at first but you might hear me. The full spool in the rear likes to chatter a bit.
manganos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #461
Skrimps

nice!
Skrimps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #462
fluffie
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I'm down in Sussex can't seen to find any jeep guys down my way I've been tossing the tube fender idea around but do not want to buy some off the shelf any suggestions on gettin some made up cheap.
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #463
manganos

Stony Creek isn't too dang far from me. If you want to come see my flat fenders shoot me a PM. I'm off this Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday.
manganos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #464
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep Meet!
Metro Richmond Meet and Greet!
February 19th, 2013 @ 6pm!
Sonic's Drive-In
11250 W BROAD ST
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060

Virginia
PM me for Maps and GPS Coordinates!
XJsportG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #465
kdiacont2010
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good seeing everyone last night.. liked that location too! Let's do it again soon!
kdiacont2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.